FocusCanada Forums
This Is Hot - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: This Is Hot (/showthread.php?tid=17312)

This Is Hot - Flofocus - 07-01-2004

This is what Im doing to my car when it goes in storage this year....Stock bumper fiberglassed....so clean...so fresh :D

<a href='http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p8320f2269f400a630601b6c621bc29ae/fc0afd40.jpg'>[Image: fc0afd40.jpg]</a>

This Is Hot - S2 - 07-01-2004

WOW what a difference from the stock looking front. I love it!!! I was looking at the front of my car the other day and yeah, those bumper intents along the length of the bumper under the headlights stick out like a sore thumb at times. Very very sweet, I might have to look into that myself also..... NICE! B)

S2 Steeda,Jun 30 2004, 10:38 AM Wrote:WOW what a difference from the stock looking front. I love it!!! I was looking at the front of my car the other day and yeah, those bumper intents along the length of the bumper under the headlights stick out like a sore thumb at times. Very very sweet, I might have to look into that myself also..... NICE! B)
Im going to my usual junk yard this week-end to see how many I can pick up....this is something a lot easier to do than a grill or guauge pod :P :D

This Is Hot - BerinG - 07-01-2004

i really like that lip.. how makes it?

Yeah that lip looks awesome, I was wondering the same thing....

This Is Hot - SL8RZZX3 - 07-01-2004

Flofocus,Jun 30 2004, 09:47 AM Wrote:Im going to my usual junk yard this week-end to see how many I can pick up....this is something a lot easier to do than a grill or guauge pod&nbsp; :P&nbsp; :D
How about a grille( or grille delete) glassed into the bumper that continues the flow of the hood? :unsure:

Kinda like the one on the wide body kit!?!

I don't know much about fibreglass, but would that be a possability? I know i'd get one if it was!! B) B)

SL8RZZX3,Jun 30 2004, 11:06 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jun 30 2004, 09:47 AM Wrote:Im going to my usual junk yard this week-end to see how many I can pick up....this is something a lot easier to do than a grill or guauge pod  :P  :D
How about a grille( or grille delete) glassed into the bumper that continues the flow of the hood? :unsure:

Kinda like the one on the wide body kit!?!

I don't know much about fibreglass, but would that be a possability? I know i'd get one if it was!! B) B)
Yeah you could do that, but then your seriously restricting air flow to cool down the ehgine though...arent ya?? :unsure:

I would just do it like in the picture. Those wide body focus kits, we all seen the pics of them, don't get a good feedback among focus owners. I still think that wide body kit is the ugliest s**t I have ever seen on a focus.

It would probably restrict airflow, who knows though, if done properly, might look pretty cool also..... photoshop anyone?

This Is Hot - tdot-zx3 - 07-01-2004

*Shameless advertisement*

If anyone want a yellow bumper to screw around with I have one in my garage.... ;) ;)

This Is Hot - Raine - 07-01-2004

As always, Imagestation won't let me view the pic

This Is Hot - DD1 - 07-21-2004

I can see clearly now

This Is Hot - FocusTunerzx3 - 07-21-2004

I think thats what the front should have looked like from the start...now i want to do that.

This Is Hot - paolo - 07-21-2004

all that work, you might as well get a european bumper, it doesnt have the ribbed lines on it.

This Is Hot - Flofocus - 07-21-2004

paolo,Jul 20 2004, 04:46 PM Wrote:all that work, you might as well get a european bumper, it doesnt have the ribbed lines on it.
Its not that much work at all.

And for the $20 it costs you in fiberglass and the one day of labour....yeah...screw european bumper.

This Is Hot - tdot-zx3 - 07-21-2004

Cant use fiberglass/resin though .. itll come off.

;)

This Is Hot - Flofocus - 07-21-2004

tdot-zx3,Jul 20 2004, 05:44 PM Wrote:Cant use fiberglass/resin though .. itll come off.

;)
Just checked with dood on FJ....That pic is all done with fiberglass, and he hasnt had any problems with it.

Then again, hes in the states, so probably somewhere nice and warm :rolleyes: :lol: