FocusCanada Forums
Grounding Amps In A Zx3 - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on I.C.E. (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Grounding Amps In A Zx3 (/showthread.php?tid=17467)

Grounding Amps In A Zx3 - MAlby7 - 06-03-2004

I have two amps in my hatch. Where is the best place to ground them? Does anyone have any pictures showing it?

Grounding Amps In A Zx3 - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 06-03-2004

Theres a good spot closer to the bumper, inside the ZX3 trunk. I'll see if I can dig the pics of mine.

Grounding Amps In A Zx3 - GlennH - 06-03-2004

peel back the carpeting inside the hatch... there's gotta be something there...

Grounding Amps In A Zx3 - qtgino - 06-03-2004

Yes there is a sopt at the rear bumper, but your tailights are also grounded to that point. You may experince ur tailights dimming in and out . Another good grounding point is the rear seat belt. All you have to do is unscrew the the torx screw holding the seatbelt bracket and grind a little paint off the bracket and your set.

Grounding Amps In A Zx3 - darkpuppet - 06-03-2004

you should be able to ground your amp to any steel portion of the body.

Grounding Amps In A Zx3 - scoobasteve - 06-03-2004

I used my seatbelt mounting post bolt... just fold the bottom of the back seats forward. pull one of the bolts. i believe its a t40 or t45 torx and you should be fine.

Grounding Amps In A Zx3 - paolo - 06-04-2004

I found an open area under my tail lights to use for my grounding spot. I just sanded off the paint a little, put a bolt through it, and I dont have any problems with my tail lights dimming when the bass is playing.

Grounding Amps In A Zx3 - scoobasteve - 06-04-2004

Whoops, i forgot to mention. sand alittle of the paint off.... i like using the seatbelt boat just because it seems to fit a 4ga lug perfectly.