FocusCanada Forums
Release Bearing? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Release Bearing? (/showthread.php?tid=17565)

Release Bearing? - ZX3TUNR - 05-23-2004

Tonight when my car was idling I could here this ticking from my engine bay. It was werid. I then put the clutch in then it stopped. Let the clutch out and tick tick tick. It never did this before. I installed my UDP's tonight took it for a rip and then sitting and the lot and tick tick tick tick? You think its my bearing?

Release Bearing? - _JC_ - 05-24-2004

i have the same thing!! omg it drives me nuts it started at like 3000 Km. i now have 17000 and it dose it once and a while still

apparently its "gear roll over noise?" can sumone give us more info on this

Release Bearing? - ZX3TUNR - 05-24-2004

I hoping its just the fact the bearing needs to be oiled up. Im thinking its maybe try and causing it to tick. Thats just a theory. Im hoping.

Release Bearing? - ZX5 - 05-24-2004

thabrat,May 23 2004, 09:05 AM Wrote:Tonight when my car was idling I could here this ticking from my engine bay. It was werid. I then put the clutch in then it stopped. Let the clutch out and tick tick tick. It never did this before. I installed my UDP's tonight took it for a rip and then sitting and the lot and tick tick tick tick? You think its my bearing?
hey jason.......i know what it is....the same thing happend to me....so i went to ford and we discoverd that it is the clutch wheel and there has been a note posted at ford for this problem......i had mine replaced and th noise disappeared.....go and get it fixed soon or more problemes will appear

good luck

tyler

Release Bearing? - ZX3TUNR - 05-25-2004

Im going to try and avoid driving my car till I can get it into the shop this Saturday.