FocusCanada Forums
Rear Suspension Cracked? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Rear Suspension Cracked? (/showthread.php?tid=1758)

Rear Suspension Cracked? - Focus Is Art - 04-01-2009

Car feel funny the last few days so I took a look at it today, does it looks like cracked to you?

My Webpage

Rear Suspension Cracked? - ZTWsquared - 04-01-2009

Focus Is Art,Mar 31 2009, 02:57 PM Wrote:Car feel funny the last few days so I took a look at it today, does it looks like cracked to you?

My Webpage
[right][snapback]283922[/snapback][/right]

Not sure what we're looking at - but you might want to check and see if it's the same on the other side ...

if you want us to comment on the gap between the two pieces, hard to know if that's normal or not, but in any event, judging from the dirt and rust patterns it looks like it's been that way for a while.

In what way does it feel funny - and do you hear any unusual noises?

Rear Suspension Cracked? - Focus man. Focus. - 04-01-2009

ZTWsquared,Mar 31 2009, 04:08 PM Wrote:
Focus Is Art,Mar 31 2009, 02:57 PM Wrote:Car feel funny the last few days so I took a look at it today, does it looks like cracked to you?

My Webpage
[right][snapback]283922[/snapback][/right]

Not sure what we're looking at - but you might want to check and see if it's the same on the other side ...

if you want us to comment on the gap between the two pieces, hard to know if that's normal or not, but in any event, judging from the dirt and rust patterns it looks like it's been that way for a while.

In what way does it feel funny - and do you hear any unusual noises?
[right][snapback]283929[/snapback][/right]

I was going to say the exact same thing. Take a pic of the other side to compare. Also check the spring to see if that is broken. Or even the upper strut mount. Sway bar end link, etc, etc......

Rear Suspension Cracked? - ANTHONYD - 04-01-2009

Yeah I don't see any busted welds or fresh breaks there... Could just be the seem in the steel.

I'd look on the other side too.
Take it to the shop and have the boys throw it on the lift.