FocusCanada Forums
LOST MY F*&*ING key's! - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: LOST MY F*&*ING key's! (/showthread.php?tid=17880)

LOST MY F*&*ING key's! - bmxfu - 05-09-2010

Hey guys,

I lost my key's! looked everywhere and can't find them and it just so happens i don't have a spare. what do i have to do to get another set of key's?

RE: LOST MY F*&*ING key's! - Spinal - 05-09-2010

go to a dealership with your VIN and probably a piece of ID.

RE: LOST MY F*&*ING key's! - OAC_Sparky - 05-09-2010

Correct Answer: BOHICA

Expect to be looking at a $200-$300 bill.

RE: LOST MY F*&*ING key's! - ZTWsquared - 05-09-2010

(05-09-2010, 11:01 PM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: Correct Answer: BOHICA

What's the acronym - I assume the B is for bend and the O is for over LOL.

Anyway - it there's any chance you've locked the keys in the car it would be alot less expensive because you don't need a new PATS key just to get the door open.

RE: LOST MY F*&*ING key's! - bmxfu - 05-10-2010

(05-09-2010, 11:04 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote:
(05-09-2010, 11:01 PM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: Correct Answer: BOHICA

What's the acronym - I assume the B is for bend and the O is for over LOL.

Anyway - it there's any chance you've locked the keys in the car it would be alot less expensive because you don't need a new PATS key just to get the door open.

No the doors are opened i have lost my key's elsewhere, what do i need to get done to have key's back to drive my car?? How much am i looking at?

RE: LOST MY F*&*ING key's! - drunkinmonkey - 05-10-2010

they already said take your vin to the dealership along with about $300

RE: LOST MY F*&*ING key's! - bmxfu - 05-10-2010

(05-10-2010, 01:37 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: they already said take your vin to the dealership along with about $300

What will they do for me is what I'm asking? It is a chip key so just cutting a new key wont work....Don't they have to replace the key cylinder along with something in the ecu?

RE: LOST MY F*&*ING key's! - Spinal - 05-10-2010

(05-10-2010, 03:23 AM)bmxfu Wrote: What will they do for me is what I'm asking? It is a chip key so just cutting a new key wont work....Don't they have to replace the key cylinder along with something in the ecu?
Just getting a key cut you do at canadian tire...like i said in my first post with the VIN they make you a new key and program it, ergo why they need the VIN, as well as why the cost is so high.

on a side note, whats the acronym mean? lol.

RE: LOST MY F*&*ING key's! - Mystake - 05-12-2010

(05-09-2010, 11:04 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: What's the acronym - I assume the B is for bend and the O is for over LOL.

LOL

RE: LOST MY F*&*ING key's! - hardk0re - 05-12-2010

Something to ask them is do they reflash the entire ECU? If so thats gonna suck, make sure you take your programmer with you and reflash your tune.

RE: LOST MY F*&*ING key's! - bmxfu - 05-12-2010

(05-12-2010, 12:26 AM)hardk0re Wrote: Something to ask them is do they reflash the entire ECU? If so thats gonna suck, make sure you take your programmer with you and reflash your tune.

I don't have a programmer, i use a chip would it be OK if i pulled the chip and then let them do what they need to? Once all is said and done and i get raped for $300.00 i can plug my chip back in and everything should be back to normal???

RE: LOST MY F*&*ING key's! - OAC_Sparky - 05-13-2010

(05-10-2010, 09:05 AM)Spinal Wrote:
(05-10-2010, 03:23 AM)bmxfu Wrote: What will they do for me is what I'm asking? It is a chip key so just cutting a new key wont work....Don't they have to replace the key cylinder along with something in the ecu?
Just getting a key cut you do at canadian tire...like i said in my first post with the VIN they make you a new key and program it, ergo why they need the VIN, as well as why the cost is so high.

on a side note, whats the acronym mean? lol.

BOHICA = Bend Over Here It Comes Again

RE: LOST MY F*&*ING key's! - bmxfu - 05-14-2010

guess what guys, I FOUND MY F*&*ING key's! they were in my van underneath a pile of garbage in the side pocket of the passenger door. I was in the dealership and the service manager told me i could come back in 15-20 minutes or just wait for the head tech to get back for lunch. So i opted to clean the van out a little bit in the meen time and sure enough there they were. Saved me about $300.00 and a tow charge to get the car to the dealer.