FocusCanada Forums
Winter v.s. Body Kits - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Winter v.s. Body Kits (/showthread.php?tid=18178)

Winter v.s. Body Kits - moon111 - 07-10-2010

Having an all-season car with a cracked front fascia, was wondering if anyone has any aftermarket body kit they run in the winter? Was even thinking about going with a rally style just to be different and more practical.

RE: Winter v.s. Body Kits - Focus man. Focus. - 07-10-2010

If you are going to get a body kit stay away from fiberglass. That will not make it through any winter.

RE: Winter v.s. Body Kits - hardk0re - 07-10-2010

F2 kit, will with stand 2X more than the stock kit....so thats one case where fitting it you'll get a tougher car to the elements, bumps and bruises of daily driving.

RE: Winter v.s. Body Kits - moon111 - 07-10-2010

Just google'd the kit. Looks really good. Damn I'm getting bite by the bug to customize despite only getting the car for basic transportation.

RE: Winter v.s. Body Kits - Flofocus - 07-13-2010

use for basic transportation? you shouldnt have joined this site then! lol

RE: Winter v.s. Body Kits - konafocuswrc - 07-13-2010

i didn't get survived through winter where i lived..
i had h r coilover and it was like 2 in lower and cracked..
but with 1.5 in setup what i have now, i didn;t have any problem..
if you live on major street, shouldn;t be a problem..
but if you live minor-minor street, ppl throw snow to the road and you never know if theres a snow coated rock..

RE: Winter v.s. Body Kits - Frost__2001 - 07-13-2010

I can say when I had my Xenon body kit on my car year round it acted like a plow in the snow as my car was lowered, but I never got stuck and it didn't get any damages from doing so in the 5 winters it was on the car as it's abs plastic, and of course that was taking my time in doing that through the snow drifts at under 20km/h and not "ramming through" snow banks.

RE: Winter v.s. Body Kits - drunkinmonkey - 07-13-2010

my car doesnt see winter lol

RE: Winter v.s. Body Kits - Focus man. Focus. - 07-13-2010

LOL @ Phillip. Plowing. I leave a nice flattened out trail in deep snow. If it is light fluffy snow I get most of it over the hood when I am up north at my parents.