FocusCanada Forums
Problems - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Problems (/showthread.php?tid=18357)

Problems - blackzx5 - 09-04-2010

Hey guys

First off im having this issue with the front passenger side of my car. Only in the morning usually or after its been sitting for a while, when i first start to drive my car is making this weird noise of rubbing. But the wheel is not rubbing at all. I took it to the shop 3 mechanics looked at the car in the air and on the ground no one could find a problem.

With all that being said another mechanic told me he thinks it was the strut (installed svt kit last oct) so i talked with ford and got them to cover a new strut under warranty.

Wed I had the strut changed and bearing but still have this problem. Stabilizer links were fixed bout a year ago which is kinda the same sound im having but i also have this rubbing sound.

So has anybody ever had this issue??? i have 205/40/17 tires (general uhp)
in the morning its especially bad when i turn the sound gets louder. The mech's all said that other areas of the front suspension are tight.

Your feedback is appreciated

RE: Problems - 02ztsian - 09-04-2010

My guess is the axle support bearing. I had to replace mine last year. The axle on the passenger side is longer.
A pic of the possible culprit.

[Image: Picture84296.jpg]

Re & re involves complete front suspension dis-assembly-I had the dealer do it as they determined my problem wasn't front bearings as I initially thought.
I recommend having the dealer look at it to be sure-better to be sure than throw parts at it.

RE: Problems - Scorcher000 - 09-04-2010

Hub Bearings.

RE: Problems - Focus man. Focus. - 09-04-2010

Or CV Shaft.

RE: Problems - blackzx5 - 09-05-2010

thanks guys your input is appreciated. for these repairs can anyone tell me approx. how much this may cost??