FocusCanada Forums
How do the seat tracks come apart? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: How do the seat tracks come apart? (/showthread.php?tid=18399)

How do the seat tracks come apart? - WuNgUnSVT - 09-21-2010

Anyone have any insights? Wanna remove the bolt-down slider piece from the seat, but keep the track guide attached to the seat...

RE: How do the seat tracks come apart? - SL8RZZX3 - 09-21-2010

(09-21-2010, 01:11 AM)WuNgUnSVT Wrote: Anyone have any insights? Wanna remove the bolt-down slider piece from the seat, but keep the track guide attached to the seat...

I think because the SVT are power you are going to have a hard time....

I think you are better off trading+cash for a set of manual seats, since i'm guessing you are going to use the seat bases kinda like how Mitch did and posted on FJ

RE: How do the seat tracks come apart? - WuNgUnSVT - 09-21-2010

I'm putting in RX-8 seats...was that Mitch? FJ seems to be down right now.
Yeah, I had a look at the power height adjustment, and it does look like a PITA on the SVT seat, so I might just leave those tracks on and find some wrecked manual seat bases.
I was thinking it would be as easy as swapping just the slider part of the track, but when one swaps seats, it's the whole base?

the passenger seat is just a base, the drivers seat is a bit different. The drivers seat has a crank height adjustable seat, so even they might not work for what you are looking to do?

It's been done before I know...
The user who did it hasn't been around in awhile, so...

I wonder if a passenger base would work on the drivers side?

i'm pretty sure it won't as the mounting points don't line up...

if you ahd posted this a couple days ago i could have put up pics of the to bases stripped of the seats, but we cleaned up our garage and now they are up in the attic in storage

The tracks fit the Mazda seats, but the spacing is narrower for the floor mounts...no biggie

RE: How do the seat tracks come apart? - WuNgUnSVT - 09-22-2010

It would be a lot easier if just the mounting track part of the slider came apart, and I could just swap them with the Focus ones...
If they were put together, they can come apart. I just can't see what (inside) keeps it from moving too far forward or backward...the stops.