FocusCanada Forums
Alignment Spec's - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Alignment Spec's (/showthread.php?tid=185)

Alignment Spec's - bmxfu - 03-20-2010

hey guys,

00' focus zx3 lowered not sure how much but can definitely find out.

need to know what specs i need for alignment. anybody know?

Alignment Spec's - Gabriel - 03-20-2010

bmxfu,Mar 19 2010, 07:54 PM Wrote:hey guys,

[right][snapback]303598[/snapback][/right]
If you're not excessively lowered , the caster and camber should be fine . Toe needs to be 0 . It can be out up to 1/8 , but preferably 0.

Gabriel,Mar 19 2010, 07:07 PM Wrote:

If you're not excessively lowered , the caster and camber should be fine . Toe needs to be 0 . It can be out up to 1/8 , but preferably 0.
[right][snapback]303599[/snapback][/right]

well my problem is that the right wheel is sitting on a severe angle into the wheel well and that's the side the adjustable camber is on. I'm not sure if the caster and camber are fine, I assume it has done it over time and the left wheel is in a bit as well but not as much. ball joints tie rods and control arms are all fine. so it leads me to alignment issues, so i just need to know what to bring the mechanic so he can do the alignment perfect.

thanks.

bmxfu,Mar 19 2010, 09:03 PM Wrote:

well my problem is that the right wheel is sitting on a severe angle into the wheel well and that's the side the adjustable camber is on. I'm not sure if the caster and camber are fine, I assume it has done it over time and the left wheel is in a bit as well but not as much. ball joints tie rods and control arms are all fine. so it leads me to alignment issues, so i just need to know what to bring the mechanic so he can do the alignment perfect.

thanks.
[right][snapback]303600[/snapback][/right]
do you have camber plates on the front ? otherwise the camber is not adjustable from factory

Gabriel,Mar 19 2010, 09:28 PM Wrote:
bmxfu,Mar 19 2010, 09:03 PM Wrote:

thanks.
[right][snapback]303600[/snapback][/right]
do you have camber plates on the front ? otherwise the camber is not adjustable from factory
[right][snapback]303603[/snapback][/right]

yes on the passenger side it is adjustable, i will load pic's tomorrow and you tell me suspension is not my thing.

well , you should have the same set up on both sides . I would either remove the camber plate , or install one on each side . Or maybe take it to a shop( your mechanic ) that will align the front end to have the same angles on both sides . Question is , will you track the car or just use it for street ? Here are some specs for modified suspension http://specfocus.drivenasa.com/setups.htm . Also having only one plate , it could affect the height ( one side higher than other , resulting in different camber )

Alignment Spec's - ZTWsquared - 03-21-2010

Gabriel,Mar 20 2010, 09:38 AM Wrote:well  , you should have the same set up on both sides . I would either remove the camber plate , or install one on each side . Or maybe take it to a shop( your mechanic ) that will align the front end to have the same angles on both sides . Question is , will you track the car or just use it for street ? Here are some specs for modified suspension http://specfocus.drivenasa.com/setups.htm . Also having only one plate , it could affect the height ( one side higher than other , resulting in different camber )
[right][snapback]303606[/snapback][/right]

x2!! Camber plate on one side only = really not good.

FWIW - with my Eibach Pro-kit on the '07 wagon I had nothing but problems with the cheapo camber plates ... somehow they changed the angle at which the strut met the strut bearing, and within a few thou km the bearings had failed.

Ironically - after we took them out and re-did the alignment, it stayed just within factory specs without them - granted the Pro-kit is a drop of just 1.5".

If ever I need camber plates again, I'm going to bite the bullet and get the good and very expensive ones.

Alignment Spec's - Oscar The Grouch - 03-22-2010

You could always bite the bullet and get the CFM lower adjustable control arms. They have 5 deg of camber play. I love mine. :D

Alignment Spec's - NikiterZTS - 03-23-2010

I was about to put my unamused smiley face for that one side camber plate :blink: :blink: :blink:

Alignment Spec's - Gabriel - 03-23-2010

It is strange why would anyone keep just one camber plate on . That's got to be new school . :rolleyes: I guess bmxfu just bought the car like that .

Alignment Spec's - NikiterZTS - 03-23-2010

bmxfu
For whatever reason.....Camber you're doing it wrong
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_libra...heel_travel.JPG

Alignment Spec's - bmxfu - 04-04-2010

Gabriel,Mar 20 2010, 08:38 AM Wrote:well  , you should have the same set up on both sides . I would either remove the camber plate , or install one on each side . Or maybe take it to a shop( your mechanic ) that will align the front end to have the same angles on both sides . Question is , will you track the car or just use it for street ? Here are some specs for modified suspension http://specfocus.drivenasa.com/setups.htm . Also having only one plate , it could affect the height ( one side higher than other , resulting in different camber )
[right][snapback]303606[/snapback][/right]

I rarely track the car, so i need something that applies for everyday driving. Im going to take it to my alignment guy on Monday so what would you recommend for toe just stick with 0 or go 1/8. pro's/con's? i think the caster/camber should be fine.