FocusCanada Forums
Who is running with snows this winter? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Who is running with snows this winter? (/showthread.php?tid=18541)

Pages: 1 2 3

Who is running with snows this winter? - Focus man. Focus. - 11-08-2010

So who has taken the first step towards accepting the fact that winter is coming? I have. I picked up a set of new tires last week for my stock 16's. Just waiting on the snow now. Who else is running, or planning on running winter tires this year?

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - NOS2Go4Me - 11-08-2010

Got em on both rides - the Escape and the Focus. The Escape clears the snow nicely, but I have a feeling I have a nice new Ford Focus Snowshovel in the driveway Big Grin

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - Focus man. Focus. - 11-08-2010

I know what you mean. I am lower this year than I have ever been. I just had some Maxxis 195/55R-16's mounted on my OEM wheels. I found that the center caps are really expensive. I needed to replace 2 of them @ $20 a pop.

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - mo_focus - 11-08-2010

got it on all 3 cars already Smile

winter is here Sad

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - Scorcher000 - 11-08-2010

Put mine on Thursday and now I have to reduce the speed lol.

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - NikiterZTS - 11-08-2010

I'm gonna wait another month to
Put my winters on

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - willcann - 11-08-2010

i put mine on about three weeks ago when we got the first frost here

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - Jmountney1 - 11-08-2010

i still gota buy snows.

still undecided on what to do.

use my OEM 17's wheels with snows or buy some 16's and run snows on them.

i already have the 17's so im thinking i will just buy 17in snows dono yet thow

the best price i got for 215-45-17 is $185 each installed

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - SL8RZZX3 - 11-08-2010

i've got 18" snows on the stang on a set of 08 GT rims

The 2000 focus will get snows this week on those old 10 holes i have

The s/c'd beast is tucked away nicely in my folks garage lol

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - ZTWsquared - 11-08-2010

Both Fusions will get their snows next weekend, and I even bought a set of the new Falken Espia EPZ for the Focus' stock 16s... 205-55-16 for less than a C-note including shipping to the US.

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - NikiterZTS - 11-08-2010

The narrower snow tire the better Smile

Wish mine were 195's

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - Mystake - 11-09-2010

i'll be running snows this winter. I had them last year, bought the ensemble brand new within the hour that I picked up the car.

I'll be running 185/64/14 goodyear nordics on steelies. bit annoyed at how much it all costed me but oh well.

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - Flofocus - 11-09-2010

I put the snows on the Subaru this week-end, the Nitro gets it snows on the stock rims on Thursday.

I always run winters, I think people that dont run them are a little retarded TBH. I put mine on when its consistently below 10 degrees out, but before its below 0 to not freeze my hands off while mounting them on the car!

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - hardk0re - 11-09-2010

snows for me... Federal Himalaya WS2 215/45/17's on my stock SVT 5 spokes. Just going to give them a nice waxing and hopefully that avoids any corrosion on them.

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - darkpuppet - 11-09-2010

I swear by winter tires -- I've been able to navigate my RWD car out of the path of out of control AWD SUV at least once a year.

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - NefCanuck - 11-09-2010

Snows went on last week (along with the undercoating... yech)

Of course the weather gets warm again Dodgy

Thank god I bought snows that I could in theory run year round (Did that before I pimped the car out and bought the fancy rims)

NefCanuck

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - Burnin21 - 11-09-2010

I always run snows lol I wont take a chance in the focus, the car is way to light to have crappy rubber on it for ice and snow!

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - euro_zx5 - 11-09-2010

I have no issues in snow with my all seasons, but on black ice i'd like a set of snows. We got a set of snows on our 07 a couple weeks ago, so i'll see how I like them.

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - Gabriel - 11-09-2010

I got mine on two weeks ago , while was "slow" in the shop . but I can kick it on dry because mine are winter performance . The down side is that they are not the best choice in the "light "snow that we get in Barrie . It's easy to drift with them though Big Grin
(11-08-2010, 11:25 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: Put mine on Thursday and now I have to reduce the speed lol.

RE: Who is running with snows this winter? - NikiterZTS - 11-09-2010

(11-09-2010, 12:14 PM)Gabriel Wrote: I got mine on two weeks ago , while was "slow" in the shop . but I can kick it on dry because mine are winter performance . The down side is that they are not the best choice in the "light "snow that we get in Barrie . It's easy to drift with them though Big Grin
(11-08-2010, 11:25 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: Put mine on Thursday and now I have to reduce the speed lol.

You have a PM G.