FocusCanada Forums
Another Milestone... - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Another Milestone... (/showthread.php?tid=1874)

Another Milestone... - GapBoyPCS - 03-09-2009

:ph34r: Hey everyone,

I figured some of you were wondering if this day would happen...so...:

[Image: IMG_1405.jpg]

I'm still lurking about. Real life has set in double-time, especially since the downturn of the economy and work kicking into overdrive.

Hope everyone is in good health and in good spirits.

*knock on wood*

Another Milestone... - NefCanuck - 03-09-2009

Wow, that's amazing (Not to mention a tad frightening :lol:)

NefCanuck

Another Milestone... - euro_zx5 - 03-09-2009

That is quite the milestone Rich! Any plans for her this summer?

Another Milestone... - NikiterZTS - 03-09-2009

cool
gotta be the highest

is that driving 100km/h on 401 everyday? can that focus go any faster then that now?

;)

Another Milestone... - dBlast - 03-09-2009

Holy crap!

I only have 122000km on my daily-driven 2000. Does that mean I don't have to buy a new car for another 29 years?

Another Milestone... - darkpuppet - 03-09-2009

Congrats on making that milestone. Does ford have anything in the book for the half mil service? Or was anyone at ford thinking that far ahead.

How's the car running anyways?

I turned my focus over to the dealership with only 39,000 km after 4 years... the stang is just 2 (and a half!) with 23,000 on the clock.
So my car should realistically get me to retirement.

wonder if you'll still be able to buy gasoline by then..

Another Milestone... - NOS2Go4Me - 03-09-2009

Wow. Must be time for a rebuild soon eh? Do the dealership guys have conniptions when you show up for service? :lol:

Another Milestone... - ANTHONYD - 03-10-2009

Must be a record.

Nice work on getting it that far.
You'd think that Ford would want to put that on a pedestal to prove the new "quality" and longevity of their products.

Another Milestone... - mo_focus - 03-10-2009

Hey Rich

glad you are still enjoying the car. Honestly i'm not that surperised the car can do 400K and maybe even more. The engine on those cars are solid and built to last. Also you have always kept up with proper maintenance for her.

Even when you look into the junk yards, you will see tons of Focus engines which means no one is buying them and thats why they go for so cheap.

Another Milestone... - ZX3_2NV - 03-10-2009

Wow thats quite the mark Hope to see another 100,000 out of her that would be amazing. What are the spec im guessing 2000 With a Zetec. What sorta major maintance have you had done? is it auto or stick?

Another Milestone... - Frost__2001 - 03-10-2009

wow Rich congrats, but I would have thought you hit the 500,000 mark by now with the ammount of driving you do. I would not be suprised if you hit the million mile mark as I have heard of a few fords hitting that mark already.

Another Milestone... - mo_focus - 03-10-2009

Frost__2001,Mar 9 2009, 05:14 PM Wrote:wow Rich congrats, but I would have thought you hit the 500,000 mark by now with the ammount of driving you do. I would not be suprised if you hit the million mile mark as I have heard of a few fords hitting that mark already.
[right][snapback]282358[/snapback][/right]

Dont forget he only drives when Go is delayed or cancelled :)

so 400KMs is not that bad. On the other hand, Go should really do something about thier service! :D

Another Milestone... - GapBoyPCS - 03-10-2009

Actually, now with work I'm all over the place. Yes, I still GO, but there are days where I have to drive more. Oddly enough, I'm not doing nearly as much driving now as I did when I first got my car. Remember too that the odometer reading would be higher if you add in the times I had the Taurus loaners and other service loaners. Now that I think about it, I've probably racked up to 410,000 km.

As for the car (for those who don't know), it's a 2002 ZTS, AND it's an auto. She does have the battle scars of being my daily commuter (and probably subjected to up to 20 years of weather abuse - salt, rain, UV, salt, slush, salt, mud, salt).

Nothing really special to her longevity. Wash her and wax her skin up. Feed her gas. Give her the usual oil changes every 5k (just using normal Ford 5W20 and the Motorcraft filter). Do the right/preventative maintenance (fluid changes, belt changes, etc.). Get broken things fixed ASAP. Use Ford parts. I've got a good relationship with my dealers...so they don't mind me :)

No plans yet. I might take her out for a lap at Mosport this year during the On Track.

*knockin on wood...she'll get me through another 400,000 km*

Another Milestone... - NefCanuck - 03-10-2009

Yeah bring it to Mosport... one of the few cars I might actually be able to pass :P :lol:

I keed, I keed

NefCanuck

Another Milestone... - Focused - 03-11-2009

Holy CRAP!!

way to go man!

Here's to the next 400k!

maybe I'll randomly bump into ....again.... in the future somewhere lol

Another Milestone... - QWKRN-U - 03-11-2009

Wow, its amazing how far these cars will go with just some PROPER maintenance.

Another Milestone... - paolo - 03-21-2009

Good work Richard! Proper oil changes and tune-ups go a loooong way

Another Milestone... - ZX3_2NV - 03-25-2009

I wonder what the resale value is lol?