FocusCanada Forums
Anyone know a good custom exhaust shop? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Anyone know a good custom exhaust shop? (/showthread.php?tid=19173)

Anyone know a good custom exhaust shop? - sonic_mikey - 06-15-2011

Like the title states, im lookin around for a good exhaust place to bend me up a nice system for my SVT. I live in Oakville and have already gone to JPG for a quote:

$985 includes: SS mandrel bent piping, magnaflow cat, flowmaster 40 series muffler, custom flex pipe, custom resonator and custom tip. Everything is 3" diameter, except the tip, which will be 4"-4.5".

If anyone knows anybody in the GTA thats trustworthy and reliable, lemme know ASAP Big Grin

RE: Anyone know a good custom exhaust shop? - GFXjamie - 06-15-2011

Just buy a 3" magnaflow trubendz exhaust for less :Sjust google trubendz t

RE: Anyone know a good custom exhaust shop? - MuskokaZX3 - 06-15-2011

Yea... What Jamie said ^^^^ trubendz would be the easiest... Just pick up the piping and you can get a muffler resonator and tip from anywhere!!

RE: Anyone know a good custom exhaust shop? - sonic_mikey - 06-15-2011

(06-15-2011, 08:03 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Yea... What Jamie said ^^^^ trubendz would be the easiest... Just pick up the piping and you can get a muffler resonator and tip from anywhere!!

im assuming I need the front pipe w/cat along with the SVT flex pipe and tubing kit?

RE: Anyone know a good custom exhaust shop? - MuskokaZX3 - 06-16-2011

http://www.trubendz.com/home.asp?producttype=exhaust&productfor=focus_tubing&productid=151103&pagetype=detail

^^^ this kit, then pick up a 3"resonator, 3" muffler and a tip and your set
You'll also need flanges, gaskets etc.

RE: Anyone know a good custom exhaust shop? - ZTWsquared - 06-16-2011

(06-16-2011, 08:23 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: http://www.trubendz.com/home.asp?producttype=exhaust&productfor=focus_tubing&productid=151103&pagetype=detail

^^^ this kit, then pick up a 3"resonator, 3" muffler and a tip and your set
You'll also need flanges, gaskets etc.

What kind of service life should we expect of "aluminized tubing" ... I personally like the idea of stainless a lot better.

RE: Anyone know a good custom exhaust shop? - MuskokaZX3 - 06-16-2011

Actually that kit just has a straight pipe design but I guess you could cut out a section for the resontor if you want to add one after.
Ummm roughly 5-8 years... We offer a 3 year warranty on aluminum systems... They're better for trade-ins, or if your not planning on keeping it forever... For the price of these kits, I'd personally pick up a stainless system, 304 if they had it, but 409 if 304 SS is not available