FocusCanada Forums
MASSIVE strutbars, Are they worth it? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: MASSIVE strutbars, Are they worth it? (/showthread.php?tid=19263)

MASSIVE strutbars, Are they worth it? - adamzx5 - 07-09-2011

I was thinking about ordering the massive strutbars an just wanted to know if anybody on here uses them. An also if anybody has had any experience with the massive racespec camber arms an the racespec toe arms?

RE: MASSIVE strutbars, Are they worth it? - Oscar The Grouch - 07-09-2011

No experience with Massiv, but I do run all these types of items from other manufacturers. If you need advice on installation, more than welcome to help you on that.

RE: MASSIVE strutbars, Are they worth it? - GFXjamie - 07-10-2011

all strut bars are pretty well the same. they look good and the upper bar will do little to the car but look good under the hood. you will notice a slightly stiffer chassis if you already have good suspension upgrades. past that you wont notice anything if your mostly stock as you wont be pushing the car with stiff parts on it

RE: MASSIVE strutbars, Are they worth it? - adamzx5 - 07-11-2011

(07-09-2011, 11:48 PM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: No experience with Massiv, but I do run all these types of items from other manufacturers. If you need advice on installation, more than welcome to help you on that.

I was just wondering how much camber would be good to run, i was thinking maybe -2.5 up front an -1.5 out back. Its a DD.

RE: MASSIVE strutbars, Are they worth it? - Oscar The Grouch - 07-11-2011

I think mine is -0.5 on all 4 as I prefer less tire wear. However under -2.5 is good.

RE: MASSIVE strutbars, Are they worth it? - ZTWsquared - 07-12-2011

(07-11-2011, 02:27 PM)adamzx5 Wrote:
(07-09-2011, 11:48 PM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: No experience with Massiv, but I do run all these types of items from other manufacturers. If you need advice on installation, more than welcome to help you on that.

I was just wondering how much camber would be good to run, i was thinking maybe -2.5 up front an -1.5 out back. Its a DD.

For a dd I would think the stock camber is the right way to go ... even if lowered by 1.5" a Focus in good condition should be able to be within the stock settings at the front (all of mine have been) ... and just a little out at the back.

IMO there is no need to have adjustable camber on the front for dd - especially considering the cost of a good system (don't use the cheap ones, they cause more problems than they solve) ... and as for the rear, the camber adjusters are inexpensive and easily installed, so why not.

RE: MASSIVE strutbars, Are they worth it? - lonewolf - 07-15-2011

I kind of agree. I have a massive bar on my 06 ST and it feels a bit stiffer (most likely all in my head). When i bought it i was more going for the look and color to be honest. Its a very tight fit. A bit of a pain if you want to get into your fuse panel under the hood. Other than that I love having it there. Looks great when you pop the hood.