FocusCanada Forums
HID question. - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: HID question. (/showthread.php?tid=19510)

HID question. - adamzx5 - 09-23-2011

When ordering them do i buy 9003 or h4 bulb size? Also should I buy bi-xenon. (using stock housing)

RE: HID question. - paolo - 09-23-2011

If you wanna keep your high beams to work too, go for bi-xenon, but not sure how you are going to install it in the stock housings, as I've only seen them installed with a lot of modifications due to projectors installed. For regular 9003 bulbs, I have seen them done before, but the quality of the output didn't impress me, had way too much glaire.

RE: HID question. - habmann - 09-23-2011

The stock lamp for your MY focus is a 9003. Like Paolo said, if you want to keep your headlights working like they did from the factory you'll need a bi-xenon lamp to give you low and high beams.

You can put a HID kit into the stock housing. Are your headlights going to be brighter than stock, yes, but you'll need to reaim your headlights so that you don't blind on coming traffic.

RE: HID question. - Nate9507 - 10-09-2012

A question about this is I was told from A friend that with fords they use a 22awg wire which over time melts and causes problems as they draw more than stock halogens

RE: HID question. - adamzx5 - 10-09-2012

i have had mine since last year. I have hids in my fogs(3000k) and 6000k in my headlights. And i have had zero problems.

RE: HID question. - konafocuswrc - 10-10-2012

(10-09-2012, 04:28 AM)Nate9507 Wrote: A question about this is I was told from A friend that with fords they use a 22awg wire which over time melts and causes problems as they draw more than stock halogens

it is always good idea to spend extra $15 for relay harness when installing hid.

RE: HID question. - paolo - 10-12-2012

the HID's actually consume less wattage than your standard halogen lamps. standard halogens consume 55 watts per bulb approximately, where the HID's will consume 35 watts on average per bulb. so essentially the stock wiring should handle it, if your going to use your high beams often, and for long periods of time, then yes maybe you should beef up your wiring, cus when high beams are on the low beams on the HID setup are still activated, but on the standard non hid factory wiring once the high beams activate, the low beams become disconnected and vice a versa.