FocusCanada Forums
Rear de-frost - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: How To's (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Rear de-frost (/showthread.php?tid=19616)

Rear de-frost - DUBL02 - 11-02-2011

Hey guys, can someone tell me if the de-froster on the rear window can be repaired or do i need to replace it? Or if i get a complete tailgate from the wreckers what years are compatible with my '03 ZX5, thanks.

RE: Rear de-frost - buzz2.0 - 11-02-2011

i do know of a repair kit you can get, its like a copper paint to fix the defroster if one of the lines are broken...but if thats actually the problem...i do not know...

RE: Rear de-frost - ZTWsquared - 11-02-2011

(11-02-2011, 06:08 AM)DUBL02 Wrote: Hey guys, can someone tell me if the de-froster on the rear window can be repaired or do i need to replace it? Or if i get a complete tailgate from the wreckers what years are compatible with my '03 ZX5, thanks.

All years and both ZX3 and ZX5 will work.

RE: Rear de-frost - castone - 11-02-2011

I'm not sure if you can repair the defrost but any hatch from 00-07 will fit.

Try here
car-part.com

RE: Rear de-frost - moon111 - 11-03-2011

Taft's in Brighton, Ontario. They're in it for the scrap metal prices, let people pick away anyways. Prices very good.

RE: Rear de-frost - DUBL02 - 11-03-2011

Thanks for the replies, does anyone know how to disconnect the wiring to remove the hatch? Are the connectors behind the trim panel? Thanks.

RE: Rear de-frost - muttsnutts - 11-24-2011

Do what I did, get the kit, you mix some glue and activator put it on the tab fix it to the glass then paint it with the stuff that comes with the kit, I did mine after the tab came off on the glass.Worked perfectly Dont know if thats your problem. Seems a lot of work to change out the hatch if thats all it is

RE: Rear de-frost - muttsnutts - 12-05-2011

(11-24-2011, 02:21 PM)muttsnutts Wrote: Do what I did, get the kit, you mix some glue and activator put it on the tab fix it to the glass then paint it with the stuff that comes with the kit, I did mine after the tab came off on the glass.Worked perfectly Dont know if thats your problem. Seems a lot of work to change out the hatch if thats all it is
This is what I used

RE: Rear de-frost - DUBL02 - 12-08-2011

Thanks, i did pick up some of this to repair it but some a$$ saved me the trouble by rear ending me a couple of weeks ago and my car was written off. The good thing is i picked up another ZX5 in better shape and the rear defrost works, and also the a/c.

RE: Rear de-frost - 02_svt_guy - 12-08-2011

(12-08-2011, 12:42 AM)DUBL02 Wrote: Thanks, i did pick up some of this to repair it but some a$$ saved me the trouble by rear ending me a couple of weeks ago and my car was written off. The good thing is i picked up another ZX5 in better shape and the rear defrost works, and also the a/c.

Cool that works!

RE: Rear de-frost - muttsnutts - 12-08-2011

That works out even better lol

RE: Rear de-frost - NOS2Go4Me - 01-21-2012

(12-05-2011, 08:21 AM)muttsnutts Wrote:
(11-24-2011, 02:21 PM)muttsnutts Wrote: Do what I did, get the kit, you mix some glue and activator put it on the tab fix it to the glass then paint it with the stuff that comes with the kit, I did mine after the tab came off on the glass.Worked perfectly Dont know if thats your problem. Seems a lot of work to change out the hatch if thats all it is
This is what I used

I've gotta find one of those to fix Subsonic with. CT? PartsSource?

RE: Rear de-frost - muttsnutts - 01-21-2012

(01-21-2012, 01:40 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote:
(12-05-2011, 08:21 AM)muttsnutts Wrote:
This is what I used

I've gotta find one of those to fix Subsonic with. CT? PartsSource?

Either same place right? CT or P Source