FocusCanada Forums
Help - Need Fittings - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Help - Need Fittings (/showthread.php?tid=19628)

Help - Need Fittings - hardk0re - 11-07-2011

I need two 1/2" NPT (male) to 3/4 Barb 90 degree fitting. I've searched everywhere, but can't find one. I can find them everywhere in the US but by the time they ship it here two fittings cost me $50-$90 dollars which is a little unreasonable.

Looking for Brass or Aluminum, no steel/plastic as it is threading into an aluminum tank.
Something like this:
[Image: FIT083.jpg]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Help - Need Fittings - castone - 11-07-2011

Give this place a call, they might have them.
http://www.regionalhose.com/

RE: Help - Need Fittings - hardk0re - 11-07-2011

looks promising...i'll give them a call tomorrow.

RE: Help - Need Fittings - Oscar The Grouch - 11-07-2011

Just go to anywhere that sells Gates or Aeroquip fittings.

RE: Help - Need Fittings - hardk0re - 11-08-2011

lol Oscar, you must be rich. $150 for 4 aeroquip fittings for my application was a little rich for my blood!

RE: Help - Need Fittings - Oscar The Grouch - 11-08-2011

Sorry man thought you were looking for a hydraulic type. Fairview should be what your looking for.

http://www.fairviewfittings.com/

Also Dixon Bayco might have what you're looking for.

Get me a part number for what your looking for and I'll get pricing from my dealers here.

RE: Help - Need Fittings - hardk0re - 11-08-2011

Crazy found what I wanted in 10 seconds Tongue
Two of these: 139-12D
and 1 of these: 140-6C

RE: Help - Need Fittings - Oscar The Grouch - 11-09-2011

Working on it.

RE: Help - Need Fittings - Mystake - 11-09-2011

you might wanna investigate some irrigation parts supply stores if you can't find it anywhere else. You tried Napa right?

RE: Help - Need Fittings - hardk0re - 11-09-2011

Irrigation parts are typically plastic or steel, neither are ideal for automotive use. I tried NAPA/CDN Tire/Home Depot/Rona/Lowes/Specialty Plumbing Stores/Performance Improvements...

If I had boatloads of cash to blow I could spend $200 and get fittings that work, sadly I don't hence why I still drive a 2002 Focus Tongue

RE: Help - Need Fittings - Mystake - 11-09-2011

if you want I have a friend who could probably machine these for you I don't know how much he'd charge though nor do I know how fast his turn around time is. i'm assuming they'd be aluminum (billet??)

RE: Help - Need Fittings - ZTWsquared - 11-09-2011

(11-09-2011, 04:32 AM)hardk0re Wrote: Irrigation parts are typically plastic or steel, neither are ideal for automotive use. I tried NAPA/CDN Tire/Home Depot/Rona/Lowes/Specialty Plumbing Stores/Performance Improvements...

If I had boatloads of cash to blow I could spend $200 and get fittings that work, sadly I don't hence why I still drive a 2002 Focus Tongue

Acklands-Grainger sells Fairview fittings products and they have a location in Oshawa; 1129 Wentworth W.

RE: Help - Need Fittings - hardk0re - 11-09-2011

Tried them before I left work, 2-4 week wait and $22/fitting, at this point I don't mind the $22 a fitting its the 2-4 week wait. I read posts in other forums of guys picking these up for a couple dollars at their local hardware store.

Of course this is in USA where they have a proper supply of products in stores.

RE: Help - Need Fittings - ZTWsquared - 11-09-2011

(11-09-2011, 12:55 PM)hardk0re Wrote: Tried them before I left work, 2-4 week wait and $22/fitting, at this point I don't mind the $22 a fitting its the 2-4 week wait. I read posts in other forums of guys picking these up for a couple dollars at their local hardware store.

Of course this is in USA where they have a proper supply of products in stores.

If you can find a place in Niagara Falls that sells what you need I can pick them up for you next time I`m down there - probably Sat the 19th - or you can buy them online and send them to my N.Falls NY address; PM me either way if that helps.

RE: Help - Need Fittings - SL8RZZX3 - 11-09-2011

Dude you shoulda called me!

Let me call my Dad at work today they should have what you need in stock...

RE: Help - Need Fittings - hardk0re - 11-10-2011

Somehow this damn fitting can't be found easily. I'm going to order one from the great USA, but for now its done with some home fittings from homedepot/lowes.
Also got the VC powdercoated while they were recoating the tank...celphone pics make the colour look weird but its a nice gloss red.

[Image: sctank.jpg]