FocusCanada Forums
LEAF THREAD. - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: LEAF THREAD. (/showthread.php?tid=19835)

LEAF THREAD. - ANTHONYD - 02-29-2012

This team is a fuxing joke.
Our goalie suck, we have no centermen, our captain should be named FANueuf.

I'm done with these bums.
Burke is supposed to use the deadline as an opportunity to make the LEAFS better, NOT the frikkin' Marlies.

Anyone else crying the blues these days?

RE: LEAF THREAD. - _JET_ - 02-29-2012

Yea i would have liked to see a trade for Nash but i think the price was too high...

RE: LEAF THREAD. - Oscar The Grouch - 02-29-2012

(02-29-2012, 03:03 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: This team is a fuxing joke.

Glad you saw the light finally. Big Grin

RE: LEAF THREAD. - meford4u - 02-29-2012

Felt this way about them for the last year or more.

Hate watching them now.

But I am NOT about to yell go SENS go.

RE: LEAF THREAD. - moon111 - 02-29-2012

If Ken Hitchcock was the coach, would you be blasting the team?

RE: LEAF THREAD. - ANTHONYD - 02-29-2012

(02-29-2012, 03:20 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote:
(02-29-2012, 03:03 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: This team is a fuxing joke.

Glad you saw the light finally. Big Grin

You can forget it Oscar. Nothing would get me to cheer for your team. (Which is a complete friggin' circus.)

RE: LEAF THREAD. - OAC_Sparky - 02-29-2012

I was disappointed in my WINgs that they couldn't get past the 23 consecutive home wins. Lost in a shootout, dammit.

RE: LEAF THREAD. - oldeguy - 02-29-2012

GO LEAFS GO!!!! wait a minute, your going the wrong way!

RE: LEAF THREAD. - darkpuppet - 03-01-2012

Complaining about the Leafs is like sitting in a rocking chair.

It gives you something to do, but doesn't really get you anywhere.

A team that makes as much money as the Leafs has no need to change or improve. Especially now that Bell and Rogers have a stake in them... don't expect them to be a winning team anytime in our lifetime until that changes.

RE: LEAF THREAD. - oldeguy - 03-01-2012

(03-01-2012, 01:56 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: Complaining about the Leafs is like sitting in a rocking chair.

It gives you something to do, but doesn't really get you anywhere.

A team that makes as much money as the Leafs has no need to change or improve. Especially now that Bell and Rogers have a stake in them... don't expect them to be a winning team anytime in our lifetime until that changes.

It's because of all the media pressure put on the team...........(did anyone get the note of sarcasm?)

RE: LEAF THREAD. - NOS2Go4Me - 03-01-2012

Yup, for as long as it's an investment tool and not an actual sporting franchise we're screwed.

I've given up on just about all commercialized sporting events / sports lately, save for the WRC.

RE: LEAF THREAD. - Flofocus - 03-01-2012

Look on the bright side, you could be a habs fan like me.

lol

RE: LEAF THREAD. - moon111 - 03-01-2012

The one saving grace is the Hab's record. When the Leafs were looking pretty good, didn't give it to the Hab fans at all. Can't say that would be true if the shoe was on the other foot.

RE: LEAF THREAD. - Oscar The Grouch - 03-01-2012

Nate, I think its like we're letting the leafs win just cause they're "special". lol

RE: LEAF THREAD. - 02_svt_guy - 03-02-2012

Can' say my heart goes out 2 you... I am a fan of the Ottawa Karlsson's and their 14million in cap space. Heading to the playoffs in a rebuilding year. Wait till Zibanejad, Stone, Silfverberg, Noesen, and Weircoich come up or get traded as leverage to make a real push next year. Not to mention the talented but lazy Filatov. Oh and did i mention we have 2 promising goalies in Lehner and Bishop...

Maybe Burke should take notes.

RE: LEAF THREAD. - tetra - 03-03-2012

The guys have clearly stopped playing for Wilson and his system. He made some very bad line changes in the Chicago game which resulted in some goals. Switching coaches at this point in the season is useless though. We need a young coach who will grow with these players. Dallas Eakins of the Marlies has done a tremendous job this year and I think he deserves a shot.

Ottawa is a perfect example of what a good coach / coach change can do. The talent on Ottawa isn't THAT phenominal and even Melnyk said he was suprised by their performance.

Burke gave Wilson a year contract extension as severance pay pretty much. I know he won't be coach next season. We can write this season off again. Starting in February, the Leafs had to stay at least .500 to make the playoffs. They would have to pretty much win close to all the games remaining now. No chance.

RE: LEAF THREAD. - 02ztsian - 03-07-2012

Burke signs Grabovski to a 5 year US$27.5M extension-now the highest paid forward on the Leafs.
BB sure likes this guy.

RE: LEAF THREAD. - gfxfocus - 03-09-2012

def not a leaf fam but my team which is the habs is doing even worse. didnt think id ever say that.

RE: LEAF THREAD. - moon111 - 03-09-2012

I've always thought offense was a talent you have or you don't. But defense is something you should be able to teach anyone. But it's going to take more then two games for the players to figure out. This season is a wash, but hopefully next season will see things straighten up.