FocusCanada Forums
So, rear lower control arms - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Basics (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: So, rear lower control arms (/showthread.php?tid=19908)

So, rear lower control arms - NOS2Go4Me - 03-30-2012

...How much?

FML. Ken? Pricing options? I'm also going to try Maslack.
NM, got the LCAs in town at Maslack for decent pricing. Now it's just a bitch thread. LOL

"Yeah, Brad, it's just pulling to the left a little. I'll have it in tomorrow." - me to my mechanic buddy last night at the shop.

RE: So, rear lower control arms - buzz2.0 - 03-30-2012

DAAAAAAAAYYYYYAAAAMMMMM...thats bad

RE: So, rear lower control arms - 1seensvt - 03-30-2012

that makes me feel like shiting and thats not good

RE: So, rear lower control arms - MuskokaZX3 - 03-30-2012

Holy f**k!!! Your a lucky guy lol... I think that coulda been a lot worse had you gone over any bumps too hard 8-l
Looks like its been cracked for a while as well

RE: So, rear lower control arms - willcann - 03-30-2012

wow thats nuts. i put new ones in my wagon last year due to cracks

RE: So, rear lower control arms - Feral - 03-30-2012

o.o eww hate to say it... thats an ugggly crack and never thought a part like that could do that (runs out and takes a peek at all my cars)

RE: So, rear lower control arms - sonic_mikey - 03-30-2012

common problem, usually only happens with the steeda 28mm sway bar and shocks set on a super soft setting Tongue

RE: So, rear lower control arms - ZTWsquared - 03-30-2012

(03-30-2012, 07:40 AM)sonic_mikey Wrote: common problem, usually only happens with the steeda 28mm sway bar and shocks set on a super soft setting Tongue

yup - the 2010 LCAs are upgraded (and actually what you will get from Ford) and that's what I put in the red track rat when I did the suspension and brakes last year.

RE: So, rear lower control arms - moon111 - 03-30-2012

Sorry for being ignorant, 2010 stuff fits the 1st generation?

RE: So, rear lower control arms - ZTWsquared - 03-30-2012

(03-30-2012, 09:48 AM)moon111 Wrote: Sorry for being ignorant, 2010 stuff fits the 1st generation?

yup ... and not to give away my mojo, but I've been buying some specific 2012 suspension bits and so far 2 of them are identical to the 00-11 - and cheaper. More on that later.

RE: So, rear lower control arms - buzz2.0 - 03-30-2012

being under a few 2012's now, ive noticed the suspension is identical.....

Has anyone else been under a jaguar x-type? (Think its that one, or the s-type) almost a cut and paste of a focus rear end. Same thing with the mazda3/5

I have a x-type and its not.. xtype is all wheel drive and uses a different setup i receintly had to repair the rear end on it after it started to squat bad there was 2 bars thet go from the frame to the suspension that the bushing crush bad and the wheels will go cockeyed and the car will squat very badly (C2S50863 Jaguar X Type Rear Suspension Control Arm)

(03-30-2012, 01:13 PM)Feral Wrote: I have a x-type and its not.. xtype is all wheel drive and uses a different setup i receintly had to repair the rear end on it after it started to squat bad there was 2 bars thet go from the frame to the suspension that the bushing crush bad and the wheels will go cockeyed and the car will squat very badly (C2S50863 Jaguar X Type Rear Suspension Control Arm)

I couldn't remember which one it was, I just remember being under a jag at work and it looking very very familier lol

i CAN tell you alot of parts for the V6 x-tpe are the same on focuses ... i have been repairing the x-type for some time now with spare focus parts XD quite funny when you pull a jag part and it cones back with a ford part number ( yes i know ford owned Jag) but still funny how many parts i have used from a focus on it

RE: So, rear lower control arms - Chromey - 03-30-2012

I got both sides from the Local wrecker in Acton for 30$.

RE: So, rear lower control arms - NOS2Go4Me - 04-04-2012

Ken - let me know what's common if you will for the 2012 vs the 2000. It's nice having it back on the road. f**k I missed booting around and not having to brake for most corners Big Grin

I put on the LCAs from a 2011 Focus - so heed Ken's words guys, the new ones are redesigned/reinforced, and anything 2010-on for used will give you the same "upgrade". In other words, stay away from 2009 and earlier rear LCAs.

RE: So, rear lower control arms - reldridge - 04-04-2012

Adam, what rear bar are you running? Just the SVT? That's scary...

RE: So, rear lower control arms - NOS2Go4Me - 04-04-2012

Ryan, I'm honestly not sure what's on the car currently. Later on this year I'm going to upgrade to a set of Eibachs. It corners pretty flat, so let's call it a set of SVT bars for argument's sake.

RE: So, rear lower control arms - Focus man. Focus. - 04-05-2012

Ever clean that thing? Man at least hose the under carriage off every now and again.