FocusCanada Forums
One down....how many more to go? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: One down....how many more to go? (/showthread.php?tid=20013)

One down....how many more to go? - oldeguy - 05-01-2012

Received a message from Ford a few weeks ago, regarding a recall for the passenger side windshield wiper motor, a grommet, or seal may not have been installed, making the motor suceptable to rust, and seizing. I had the recall fixed yesterday. So, one down, how many more?

RE: One down....how many more to go? - drunkinmonkey - 05-01-2012

what vehicle was this

RE: One down....how many more to go? - ZTWsquared - 05-01-2012

(05-01-2012, 10:17 PM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: what vehicle was this

LOL Sean ... pretty sure his 2000 is out of warranty now.

RE: One down....how many more to go? - oldeguy - 05-01-2012

(05-01-2012, 10:17 PM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: what vehicle was this

RE: One down....how many more to go? - drunkinmonkey - 05-02-2012

well i know that lol i was thinking for other ppl who didnt know
my car wouldnt be good for a recall anyone since 90% of my car is aftermarket lol

RE: One down....how many more to go? - hardk0re - 05-02-2012

I got a recal notice for my 2005 freestar...I don't think it needs to be under warranty...

RE: One down....how many more to go? - lonewolf - 05-02-2012

If it is a recall its automatic warranty. however you do a have a time frame on some components if you let it run out you have to pay. 9 times out of 10 if its safety, you wont need to pay ever.

RE: One down....how many more to go? - euro_zx5 - 05-02-2012

Ya I knew about this one a few weeks ago, it's not an immediate issue... but can lead to the passenger wiper motor burning out if enough moisture gets in. Get'er done! Last I checked mine is up to snuff, i'll get the dealer to check it next visit.

RE: One down....how many more to go? - ZTWsquared - 05-02-2012

(05-02-2012, 12:12 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: well i know that lol i was thinking for other ppl who didnt know
my car wouldnt be good for a recall anyone since 90% of my car is aftermarket lol

my bad sean - recall doesn t require warranty LOL jokes on me

RE: One down....how many more to go? - buzz2.0 - 05-03-2012

yeah no need for warranty, recalls come with different codes....say 10s13 means safety and say 06m12 means extension of component warranty...the M's have a time and mileage restriction. safety recalls never expire....i have 96-99 windstars still coming in for recalls....the bodies are rusting off but we still gotta fix them....Dodgy