FocusCanada Forums
Sprint Booster - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Sprint Booster (/showthread.php?tid=20605)

Sprint Booster - Lucster1000 - 09-06-2012

I have noticed when I put my foot to the floor in my ZX5 there is some lag in the acceleration. I have heard the a sprint booster can solve the problem. Does anyone have a sprint booster on their focus? Is there another way to solve the lag?

RE: Sprint Booster - ZTWsquared - 09-06-2012

(09-06-2012, 12:43 PM)Lucster1000 Wrote: I have noticed when I put my foot to the floor in my ZX5 there is some lag in the acceleration. I have heard the a sprint booster can solve the problem. Does anyone have a sprint booster on their focus? Is there another way to solve the lag?

Never heard of a sprint booster. Do you have friends that pull your leg a lot?

Seriously - there's all kinds of things to consider to fix that problem: new plugs and wires, clean the MAF, clean the throttle body, new air filter, fuel injector cleaning, turbo charging - start with the cheap maintenance stuff and work your way up.

RE: Sprint Booster - GFXjamie - 09-06-2012

Sprint booster is for drive by wire, not cable throttle. No sprint boosters are made even for the dbw focus anyways.

RE: Sprint Booster - konafocuswrc - 09-07-2012

mtx or atx?

RE: Sprint Booster - stupica1 - 09-08-2012

swap your 02 sensors and clean your MAF sensor. Also wouldnt hurt to throw some seafome in your motor/fuel tank too. stuff works great. again like ken said, check your sparks and wires too. depending on how many kms are on the car swap the fuel filter too. Think basics!

RE: Sprint Booster - Scorcher000 - 09-08-2012

It needs a Randy Tune lol...

RE: Sprint Booster - moon111 - 09-08-2012

Try taking the hand-brake off?