FocusCanada Forums
New Battery - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Basics (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: New Battery (/showthread.php?tid=20924)

New Battery - Lucster1000 - 12-29-2012

The battery in my car died (AC Delco funny enough). Was in my car when I purchased it last year. What are some of the best batteries on the market? I don't have any heavy audio in my car just the basics. I will also be moving around the province a lot in the next few years for my job so a battery that can work flawlessly in cold temperatures is a must. Any recommendations?

RE: New Battery - ZTWsquared - 12-29-2012

(12-29-2012, 08:28 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: The battery in my car died (AC Delco funny enough). Was in my car when I purchased it last year. What are some of the best batteries on the market? I don't have any heavy audio in my car just the basics. I will also be moving around the province a lot in the next few years for my job so a battery that can work flawlessly in cold temperatures is a must. Any recommendations?

28 months ago I bought an Eveready brand battery at Walmart USA for 39 bucks - flawless so far.

RE: New Battery - adamzx5 - 12-29-2012

Cant go wrong with the yellow top

RE: New Battery - muttsnutts - 12-29-2012

For me OEM cant beat a battery that has lasted in winters etc for 7 years :-)

RE: New Battery - lonewolf - 12-29-2012

I'm a huge interstate fan myself. If you aren't gunna spring for the OEM battery i would definitely go for an Interstate battery.

RE: New Battery - Lucster1000 - 01-07-2013

I cheaped out and bought a Kirkland Signature Battery from Costco. The price was half of any other car battery, and the ratings and reviews for it put it up with all major battery brands. Going to see how it goes, Costco also has the best customer service so if anything goes wrong with it the replacement will be hassle free.

RE: New Battery - ZTWsquared - 01-07-2013

(01-07-2013, 05:19 AM)Lucster1000 Wrote: I cheaped out and bought a Kirkland Signature Battery from Costco. The price was half of any other car battery, and the ratings and reviews for it put it up with all major battery brands. Going to see how it goes, Costco also has the best customer service so if anything goes wrong with it the replacement will be hassle free.

I buy lots of Kirkland brand stuff - never had a problem with any of it. Good choice IMO.

One thing though - the last time I needed a battery Costco didn't have one listed for Focus; has that changed or did you pick one that was close.