FocusCanada Forums
Track Set Up - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Track Set Up (/showthread.php?tid=2154)

Track Set Up - GFXjamie - 01-06-2009

so im currently working on piecing together a good suspension and handling combination along with other upgrades for the track and im wondering if im missing anything or maybe you have suggestions on something different.

- upper lower and rear FS stress bars
- 28.6mm competition rear sway bar plus hardware kit
- kyb agx shocks/struts with H&R lowering springs (from nikiterZTS)
- Massive omni adapter kit
- control arm bushings (or should i just go tubular as they come with them and its a step up?)
- possibly a 24mm h&r front sway bar

as for brakes im looking for some cross drilled front rotors then either EBC brake bads or hawk HP and when i can, SVT rear brake conversion with upgraded pads.

Now what am i missing?

i already have the 2 of 3 struts bars just not in yet, have the adapter kit, ordering the sway bar and hardware kit sometime this week and the front ill order maybe next month. the shocks struts and springs are all up to when i can get them off nik but thats a for sure on those as for what i want. let me know what you all think

Track Set Up - thenorm - 01-06-2009

if you go with the 28mm rear bar, you would definatly want a front bar.
as for the brake, idk if you need/want cross drilled. and you definatley want a race brake pad.
bushings are good too.

the only thing that is missing is tires, and that will make one of the biggest differences

Track Set Up - NikiterZTS - 01-06-2009

dont be gettin any sexy looking slotten rotors......get blank brembos

as for springs i have KW not H&R.....but you're gonna love the suspension that you're gonna get of off me......for sure were gonna get her installed before season comes around.....its just im all in work and can't even install my own stuff

definitly start looking at some nice sticky icky tires.......how wide do you wanna go?

if you'll tell me the brands of the tires i'll check how much the local stores will let it go for.....but also give me the whole model, size ect stuff that i need

mmmkey B)

Track Set Up - Scorcher000 - 01-06-2009

I heard The kyb agx are bouncy try the Tien and Koni.

Track Set Up - GFXjamie - 01-06-2009

ya i totally forgot tires haha

im looking at possibly azenis rt-615 tires. likely 205 or 215 series on 15 stock wheels. not sure on side wall size, i would have to do a comparison on rolling radius to keep close to stock. seems like for the price, stock wheels which are free are the lightest haha. then at the drag strip i will have slicks and use azenis for autox

and my bad on the springs lol i knew it was a dual letter company, kw h+r w/e

Track Set Up - lgSPI - 01-08-2009

NikiterZTS,Jan 5 2009, 08:16 PM Wrote:dont be gettin any sexy looking slotten rotors......get blank brembos

X2, and get Hawk HP + brake pads with that!

As for the sway bars, if you want to go fast, and have "rotation" u need a big one at the back and a very small one at the front. Of course I suggest you drive on track with the OEM setup first and when you get some experience you go like I said above.

Track Set Up - Scourge - 01-08-2009

So, Jamie ... Does this mean you'll be selling the Prokit? :D

Track Set Up - ZX3_2NV - 01-08-2009

Scorcher000,Jan 5 2009, 08:13 PM Wrote:I heard The kyb agx are bouncy try the Tien and Koni.
[right][snapback]279106[/snapback][/right]

Thats what Im rocking and not bouncy at all

Track Set Up - GFXjamie - 01-08-2009

Scourge,Jan 7 2009, 12:08 PM Wrote:So, Jamie ... Does this mean you'll be selling the Prokit?  :D
[right][snapback]279209[/snapback][/right]

already have a buyer for it haha. buddy with the same car but wants to go show car while i go fast car

as for the brake pads, i was planning on hawk HP+ but i still have a lot of stuff to look at.

i am going to get the large rear sway bar first as it is next on my buying list and then see how it feels ripping around some on ramps etc. i am planning on having this set up done for early spring which is fairly easy to do money wise and i think i have the time to get it all done as well. brake conversion however will wait until next winter id say