FocusCanada Forums
Door Hinge - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Door Hinge (/showthread.php?tid=2346)

Door Hinge - SVTfocus - 11-20-2008

Does anyone know if you can tighten up the door hinge so it doesn't swing open all the way when your in a parking spot ? Shouldn't it have a stop point somewhere half way open, or do I just have to replace the hinge... Thanks...

Door Hinge - Canadian ST - 11-20-2008

Yah it should stop half way on the hinge,

Door Hinge - reldridge - 11-21-2008

There is a little bar that slides in and out with the door. It should have a detent in it that will hold the door open about 2/3s, then you can push further to open it fully. Could be that the bar is bent slightly, and the detent is not grabbing...

Door Hinge - ZX3_2NV - 11-21-2008

/\ Thats what I was thinking

Door Hinge - ZTWsquared - 11-21-2008

reldridge,Nov 20 2008, 10:26 AM Wrote:There is a little bar that slides in and out with the door. It should have a detent in it that will hold the door open about 2/3s, then you can push further to open it fully. Could be that the bar is bent slightly, and the detent is not grabbing...
[right][snapback]276882[/snapback][/right]
^^ x3

That piece was also the subject of a recall IIRC - it was changed from plastic to metal at some point.

Door Hinge - SVTfocus - 11-22-2008

Cool... I'll check that today, if they are plastic one's I can just replace them with the new metal one's then
Thanks...