FocusCanada Forums
Another Issue, Or Two? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Basics (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Another Issue, Or Two? (/showthread.php?tid=2406)

Another Issue, Or Two? - oldeguy - 11-07-2008

I have noticed recently that the car, a 2000 ZTS, won't reach the proper operating temperature at all, according to the gauge. The gauge will show heat, but when I am on the highway, the temperature goes down. I don't know if it's a serious "issue" or what. There is heat into the cabin so I won't freeze, but still.......Also, I've noticed recently, as in yesterday, that I am leaking what looks like plain old water from somewhere at the back of the engine bay, as the "water" leaks onto the frame and then out on the ground. It doesn't feel or smell like coolant or hydraulic fluid.

Another Issue, Or Two? - Scorcher000 - 11-07-2008

Maybe it's just run off from the compressor, also when did you change the water pump, and thermostate, for the heat prob.

Another Issue, Or Two? - oldeguy - 11-07-2008

I changed the thermostat last year. Although, I'm starting to think that if the thermostat is stuck open, that could become an issue. Water pump, I would think, would cause overheating problem, and leaks, not a no heat issue.

Another Issue, Or Two? - habmann - 11-07-2008

Sounds like a thermostat problem. Have you checked your coolant level in the resevoir? Could be a leaking thermostat housing causing a problem too.

Another Issue, Or Two? - Flofocus - 11-07-2008

The exhaust has some small hole in it to let condensation out...if its just water, that could the 'issue' (which isnt really a problem)

Another Issue, Or Two? - reldridge - 11-07-2008

Also could be water coming out of the cowl drains, if it was a damp morning.

My Focus barely runs much above the 1/4 mark on the temp guage, unless I'm in traffic. Where does it go down to on the highway?

Another Issue, Or Two? - Focus man. Focus. - 11-07-2008

I would say it was the Thermostat. New thermostat are "failsafe", meaning that if they fail they stick in the open position. Which would be the answer of your no heat problem. As for your water leak, I have no idea.

Another Issue, Or Two? - Flofocus - 11-07-2008

Focus man, Focus.,Nov 6 2008, 04:11 PM Wrote:I would say it was the Thermostat.  New thermostat are "failsafe", meaning that if they fail they stick in the open position.  Which would be the answer of your no heat problem.  As for your water leak, I have no idea.
[right][snapback]276103[/snapback][/right]

That would be good if he had a no heat problem. :lol: