FocusCanada Forums
Header, Need One! - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Header, Need One! (/showthread.php?tid=2412)

Header, Need One! - LOFOCI WAGON - 11-06-2008

I have a 05 2.0 Duratec and am having a hard time finding a header, along with other things! The only header I found is OBX! Is that it and if so where can i buy one? Thanks!

Header, Need One! - SL8RZZX3 - 11-06-2008

I think that OBX and F2 are your only choices....

Cosworth did make one, but i think they stopped making them

From what i've read the OBX is the best bang for your buck, my only sugestion is get it ceramic coated.

OBX can be found on eBay pretty cheap

Edit: FocusSport also makes one that comes Ceramic coated, but the flex pipe is extra

Header, Need One! - NikiterZTS - 11-06-2008

yeah, obx is alright

Header, Need One! - GFXjamie - 11-06-2008

if you end up with a focussport one, i have an extra flex from my OBX, but personally, i would just go for the OBX, i have it on my car and its awesome, but prepare for it to be really loud. the OBX is about 225$ + shipping, all in all your looking about 300$ plus if you dont install it yourself.

Header, Need One! - LOFOCI WAGON - 11-13-2008

GFXjamie,Nov 5 2008, 03:43 PM Wrote:if you end up with a focussport one, i have an extra flex from my OBX, but personally, i would just go for the OBX, i have it on my car and its awesome, but prepare for it to be really loud. the OBX is about 225$ + shipping, all in all your looking about 300$ plus if you dont install it yourself.
[right][snapback]276051[/snapback][/right]

What about leakage, how much to the warp and then start to leak?

Header, Need One! - GFXjamie - 11-13-2008

not sure what you are asking, but if it is regarding getting it coated or wrapped, not sure on prices but IIRC it would be likely 200$ give or take. none of the headers available come with a good enough coating to even give any benefit so if you are looking to pull out every pony you can, then get it wrapped or coated, but in most cases, it will prove useless other then getting rid of heat, etc. all the wrap or coating will do is help the header flow better because the tubing isnt conducting the heat of the exhaust gases as much. how that helps.... if not clarify

Header, Need One! - NikiterZTS - 11-13-2008

i had mine heat wrapped and siliconed
worked great

Header, Need One! - Scorcher000 - 11-15-2008

I have the OBX headers on and running them for a good couples of months and they are running perfect. Lil loud in the morning on start up, but tones of power out of the hole and right threw to 7200RPM. Never feel a loss of power. Though mine are not wrapped or coated, I do polish them every once in a while and make them a shinny SS again. Find me on face book,(John MacNeil) I have a video of them for you.

Header, Need One! - LOFOCI WAGON - 11-21-2008

GFXjamie,Nov 12 2008, 01:27 PM Wrote:not sure what you are asking, but if it is regarding getting it coated or wrapped, not sure on prices but IIRC it would be likely 200$ give or take. none of the headers available come with a good enough coating to even give any benefit so if you are looking to pull out every pony you can, then get it wrapped or coated, but in most cases, it will prove useless other then getting rid of heat, etc. all the wrap or coating will do is help the header flow better because the tubing isnt conducting the heat of the exhaust gases as much. how that helps.... if not clarify
[right][snapback]276299[/snapback][/right]

Exhaust leaks over time, where is is bolted to the manifold?

Header, Need One! - GFXjamie - 11-24-2008

well if the header and flex is put on properly with a gasket and tightened then it wont normally leak unless you have an un even surface matching up to a flat one.