FocusCanada Forums
One Way Tire Spikes, Is It Time? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: One Way Tire Spikes, Is It Time? (/showthread.php?tid=2573)

One Way Tire Spikes, Is It Time? - 2001 ZTS - 10-06-2008

Just watching the news and see the third head on collision this week because of a drunk going the wrong way on the major highways here in the GTA.

How hard would it be to put those "one way only" spikes on all the on/off ramps? Seriously, it makes so much sense and wouldn't be hard to do.

One Way Tire Spikes, Is It Time? - Gravter - 10-06-2008

Snow removal could be a problem, unless you can take 'em out for winter

One Way Tire Spikes, Is It Time? - NefCanuck - 10-06-2008

What's to stop someone who is drunk enough from still going ahead? I've seen drunk drivers do pretty stupid things...

NefCanuck

One Way Tire Spikes, Is It Time? - Canadian ST - 10-06-2008

2001 ZTS,Oct 5 2008, 06:30 PM Wrote:Just watching the news and see the third head on collision this week because of a drunk going the wrong way on the major highways here in the GTA.

How hard would it be to put those "one way only" spikes on all the on/off ramps? Seriously, it makes so much sense and wouldn't be hard to do.
[right][snapback]273890[/snapback][/right]

Well I agree with you 100% If it means saving lives, it seems very simple as well.

One Way Tire Spikes, Is It Time? - NikiterZTS - 10-06-2008

wouldn't they able to drive on steelies still? it will slow them down though

One Way Tire Spikes, Is It Time? - Canadian ST - 10-06-2008

Gravter,Oct 5 2008, 07:47 PM Wrote:Snow removal could be a problem, unless you can take 'em out for winter
[right][snapback]273891[/snapback][/right]

It shouldn't be that much of a problem, just like train tracks you lift just a little bit plus all plows rest on skies so they should float over.

One Way Tire Spikes, Is It Time? - Focus man. Focus. - 10-06-2008

The only problem with that would be if there is a MAJOR collision emergency crews would not be able to just the thing they want to stop. I have seen in a couple instances an ambulance and fire truck going against traffic flow to get to a wreck on the hiway.

I am all for the idea. It would also stop the morons that back up the ramp to get out of traffic.

One Way Tire Spikes, Is It Time? - NOS2Go4Me - 10-06-2008

I'm all for the roadside suspensions and impounding for those who have successfully evaded Darwinism for more than 10 years and have a record of being pylons behind the wheel.

Get the s*** off the roads and stop giving them licenses! :angry:

PS - we got stopped at a RIDE / seatbelt check today at Hwy 11 / 654 (Callander) cutoff on the "long way home" from a friend's place in Powassan. Good stuff, OPP. Catch those retards, PLEASE! :D

One Way Tire Spikes, Is It Time? - OAC_Sparky - 10-06-2008

Gravter,Oct 5 2008, 07:47 PM Wrote:Snow removal could be a problem, unless you can take 'em out for winter
[right][snapback]273891[/snapback][/right]
Not a problem if they're the spring loaded ones I've seen, they sit down if you're going the right way.

One Way Tire Spikes, Is It Time? - ZX3_2NV - 10-07-2008

yaa im sure one way spikes wouldn't go down there not that easy to drive over everyone will be going over them at 2 kmph and say theres traffic and u get stopped ontop of it and the spikes pop a tire, yaa i can never see that hapened