FocusCanada Forums
Vibra-mount In The Gta? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Vibra-mount In The Gta? (/showthread.php?tid=2910)

Vibra-mount In The Gta? - torradan - 07-25-2008

[Image: 3CC00.JPG]

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/3CC07

Part that holds the CAI onto the frame of the car.. it finally died after 2 years.

anyone know where to find one of these bad boys? I asked at auto parts shops, and they just look at me funny and scratch their heads. Maybe a performance shop, as I haven't tried any of those yet.

I could order one from that company, but rather just get it local and get it done.

Right now the CAI is held in place with a bolt and a couple rubber washers. I have a nylon locknut on the other side, and its a little loose so it has a bit of wiggle room and the CAI doesn't decide to get ripped to pieces from the oh-so-massive torque the engine puts out.

Vibra-mount In The Gta? - ZTWsquared - 07-26-2008

torradan,Jul 25 2008, 07:35 AM Wrote:Part that holds the CAI onto the frame of the car.. it finally died after 2 years.
[right][snapback]269351[/snapback][/right]
Acklands-Grainger carries them in Canada (#KMM3CC07) ... the Barrie store has them in stock, but no one in GTA... if you call the Markham store he will take your order over the phone and have it for Monday ... 905-940-5535 - they're 9.62.

Good luck.

Vibra-mount In The Gta? - silvermist - 07-26-2008

also check motorcycle repair places I think they use them to hold exhasts on to bikes. or try gregs distubutors.

Vibra-mount In The Gta? - torradan - 07-31-2008

Thanks guys. I'll give a call around and see what I can find. Been a bit busy, and forgot all about this!