FocusCanada Forums
Help - Manual Tran. Stuck In Second - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Help - Manual Tran. Stuck In Second (/showthread.php?tid=3139)

Help - Manual Tran. Stuck In Second - kram7171 - 06-12-2008

Coming home last night and changed from first to second no prob, then I went to switch to third and I couldn't. I can move the shifter up and down put not left or right. I cant switch into first either. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Help - Manual Tran. Stuck In Second - Flofocus - 06-12-2008

kram7171,Jun 11 2008, 11:11 AM Wrote:Coming home last night and changed from first to second no prob, then I went to switch to third and I couldn't.  I can move the shifter up and down put not left or right.  I cant switch into first either.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.
[right][snapback]266530[/snapback][/right]

Check the cables going to your trans. You may have to get under the car to see properly, some may have disconencted somehow.

Help - Manual Tran. Stuck In Second - Burnin21 - 06-12-2008

If your cables go usually you can move the shifter (it happened to me). Your clutch could be fubared....... but I could be wrong!

Help - Manual Tran. Stuck In Second - ZTWsquared - 06-12-2008

Burnin21,Jun 11 2008, 10:35 PM Wrote:If your cables go usually you can move the shifter (it happened to me). Your clutch could be fubared....... but I could be wrong!
[right][snapback]266599[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like the clutch slave cylinder has gone (apparently a common problem with the 05-07 models) ... when that happened to me I got it to the dealer by matching revs and applying slight pressure on the shifter to change gears ... other than being stuck in gear the other symptom was a clutch pedal that basically went to the floor with very little pressure. Good luck.

Help - Manual Tran. Stuck In Second - ZTWsquared - 06-14-2008

kram7171,Jun 11 2008, 11:11 AM Wrote:Coming home last night and changed from first to second no prob, then I went to switch to third and I couldn't.  I can move the shifter up and down put not left or right.  I cant switch into first either.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.
[right][snapback]266530[/snapback][/right]

Any update on this ... here's the TSB info I referenced earlier about the clutch slave cylinder

TSB 06-23-1, OASIS Service Codes: 505000, 505200, 506000, 510000
2006-2007 Focus - Transmission Fluid Leaks From Bell Housing or Inability to Shift into Gear Due To Clutch Slave Cylinder Leak