FocusCanada Forums
A Day At Mbrp Well Spent - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: A Day At Mbrp Well Spent (/showthread.php?tid=3165)

A Day At Mbrp Well Spent - LightAges - 06-07-2008

I have a 2007 SE Wagon and no one was offering a cat back exhaust for it so I called up MBRP a couple of weeks ago. We set up an appointment to have a test fit on my car. SO off to Hunstville yesterday and.....

They don't have a fitment for 2005-2007 wagons yet but had all the parts needed to put one together. They started out with a 2.5" front piece and muffler from a non-wagon and connected it to the second cat. A 2.25" tail piece from previous wagon years bolted right on. They had to fit a bit of a custom hanger for the tail pipe, but it was nothing more than a few extra washers to add some space.

They didn't guarantee that they would be providing a new kit for the 2005-2007 wagons as they said they hadn't had many calls for them, but they might start stocking one with 2.25" all the way through if enough people ask.

I am very happy with the level of service and care that MBRP provided, and the quality of the exhaust system. I now have a nice sounding, not too loud, stainless and guaranteed for life exhaust system. It's probably not going to add that much power or fuel efficiency but every little bit will help.

A Day At Mbrp Well Spent - Raypro - 06-07-2008

I like the sound of the MBRP as well. If I didn't have the Borla, that would of been my 2nd choice.

A Day At Mbrp Well Spent - j3rt - 06-07-2008

I'm pretty sure the custom hanger is a standard install item on all MBRP exhausts. I know mine has what you are describing, it's an '02?
Did you get the old pricing?

A Day At Mbrp Well Spent - LightAges - 06-07-2008

j3rt,Jun 7 2008, 06:52 AM Wrote:I'm pretty sure the custom hanger is a standard install item on all MBRP exhausts.  I know mine has what you are describing, it's an '02?
[right][snapback]266217[/snapback][/right]

The custom hanger is the one provided from the pre-2005 systems, but it still needed some extra spacing to get the end centred in the bumper cutout. Sorry, but my arrangement for the price with MBRP is private.

A Day At Mbrp Well Spent - NefCanuck - 06-08-2008

MBRP is good like that...

When I had my MBRP installed, I was one of the first '05 sedans they did and they initially assumed that the pre '05 kit would be a direct fit more or less...

Not so much, t'was a good thing I had brought the company laptop to pass the time because it took them a while to get everything done (They wanted to delete my 2bd cat initally, but being from Southern Ontario meant I would have run afoul of Drive Scam had I let them do as they wanted...

Now that I'm on the Fusion, they don't have anything for it, though I have offered them my car as a test/fitment mule if they do decide the demand is there (Here's hoping... I miss the MBRP sound)

NefCanuck

A Day At Mbrp Well Spent - j3rt - 06-09-2008

LightAges,Jun 7 2008, 11:02 AM Wrote:
j3rt,Jun 7 2008, 06:52 AM Wrote:I'm pretty sure the custom hanger is a standard install item on all MBRP exhausts.  I know mine has what you are describing, it's an '02?
[right][snapback]266217[/snapback][/right]

The custom hanger is the one provided from the pre-2005 systems, but it still needed some extra spacing to get the end centred in the bumper cutout. Sorry, but my arrangement for the price with MBRP is private.
[right][snapback]266218[/snapback][/right]

no big deal, i was just wondering because I ordered mine a couple days after they updated the website, and the old pricing was no longer posted. They did give me the old pricing in the end though, which was sweet.

A Day At Mbrp Well Spent - NOS2Go4Me - 06-09-2008

So you got the development deal price eh? ;)

I helped them do their work for the 05-07 ZX5/ZX3 :) If they showed you any pics of a red hatch with SVT EAP rims, that's my old ride. Lorraine and the crew are a class act.

Did you get a chance to shoot the s*** with Martin? He's a hell of a gear head!

A Day At Mbrp Well Spent - LightAges - 06-10-2008

NOS2Go4Me,Jun 9 2008, 07:51 AM Wrote:Did you get a chance to shoot the s*** with Martin? He's a hell of a gear head!
[right][snapback]266289[/snapback][/right]

No, I was dealing with Jessie, Darren and Dave the installer. In and out in 2 hours actually.