FocusCanada Forums
Ready To Blow It Up - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Ready To Blow It Up (/showthread.php?tid=3208)

Ready To Blow It Up - oldeguy - 06-02-2008

Car is running like crap, that evil light showed up again last night. I'm ready to throw a few sticks of dynamite in it ( while I'm not in it ) B) and walk to work. Anybody willing to do a OBD 2 read on my Focus?

Ready To Blow It Up - Spinal - 06-02-2008

if u come to the meet today i will.

Ready To Blow It Up - oldeguy - 06-02-2008

Spinal,Jun 2 2008, 07:12 AM Wrote:if u come to the meet today i will.
[right][snapback]265687[/snapback][/right]
I appreciate the offer, but, I work two jobs, one in T.O. days, one in Bowmanville, evenings, don't get finished until 10:00 p.m.

Ready To Blow It Up - Spinal - 06-02-2008

well i finish work at 430 during the week, 12 on fridays, im at the scarb gen hosp so if you pass by there it'll work out alright.

Ready To Blow It Up - SL8RZZX3 - 06-03-2008

I am picking up my buddies ODBII reader tonight, so i can do a read on my neighbors BMW. So if you want i can get your code read too.

I was wondering if it came back on after we cleaned the MAF

let me know when is good for you, i'm still off work so any time is good with me

Ready To Blow It Up - oldeguy - 06-03-2008

SL8RZZX3,Jun 2 2008, 10:18 AM Wrote:I am picking up my buddies ODBII reader tonight, so i can do a read on my neighbors BMW. So if you want i can get your code read too.

let me know when is good for you, i'm still off work so any time is good with me
[right][snapback]265701[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, it's doing the same things, although it did run well for the week. I'm thinking it might either be a dirty TPS, or if worse comes to worse, a DPFE, because I've never had to replace it. Do you mean to tell me that BMWs have things go wrong with them? :lol: How is tomorrow, Tuesday, between 3:45 to 4:00 p.m.?

oldeguy,Jun 2 2008, 09:35 AM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Jun 2 2008, 10:18 AM Wrote:I am picking up my buddies ODBII reader tonight, so i can do a read on my neighbors BMW. So if you want i can get your code read too.

[right][snapback]265701[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, it's doing the same things, although it did run well for the week. I'm thinking it might either be a dirty TPS, or if worse comes to worse, a DPFE, because I've never had to replace it. Do you mean to tell me that BMWs have things go wrong with them? :lol: How is tomorrow, Tuesday, between 3:45 to 4:00 p.m.?
[right][snapback]265705[/snapback][/right]

I should be able to manage that, i have physio at 2:30. I should be able to make it home for 3:45

Ready To Blow It Up - naz - 06-03-2008

just FYI guys.. a super cheapo OBDII code reader can be had for around $25 if you wait for a sale. even the cheapest unit can pull the code and clear it

naz,Jun 2 2008, 12:28 PM Wrote:just FYI guys.. a super cheapo OBDII code reader can be had for around $25 if you wait for a sale.  even the cheapest unit can pull the code and clear it
[right][snapback]265719[/snapback][/right]

Wow cheapest i've ever seen was $60 at princess auto

Just waiting for it to go on sale again :lol: