FocusCanada Forums
Weird Noise When Clutch Is Engaged - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Weird Noise When Clutch Is Engaged (/showthread.php?tid=3217)

Weird Noise When Clutch Is Engaged - ZX5chica - 06-01-2008

Hey guys... it's been a while. I've got a bit of a problem with my clutch, and wondering whether you can help.

After I drive my car for awhile, and a hit a stop, I shift out of gear into neutral, with the clutch engaged (foot not on the clutch pedal). There is a really weird 'banging' or 'hammering' noise that comes from the engine. As soon as I push the clutch pedal in to put it into gear, the noise goes away.

Any ideas?

Weird Noise When Clutch Is Engaged - laidman - 06-01-2008

I wonder if the clutch isn't fully engaged, either may need adjusting, or it could be fubar. How many KM's are on the clutch. It may need to be at least serviced or replaced. Definitly sounds wierd.

Weird Noise When Clutch Is Engaged - ZTWsquared - 06-01-2008

ZX5chica,May 31 2008, 10:57 AM Wrote:Hey guys... it's been a while. I've got a bit of a problem with my clutch, and wondering whether you can help.

After I drive my car for awhile, and a hit a stop, I shift out of gear into neutral, with the clutch engaged (foot not on the clutch pedal). There is a really weird 'banging' or 'hammering' noise that comes from the engine. As soon as I push the clutch pedal in to put it into gear, the noise goes away.

Any ideas?
[right][snapback]265601[/snapback][/right]

I had my clutch slave cylinder go on me and just before it left me stuck in 3rd gear I had similar symptoms - this was an '07 with only 20k on it, so obviously a warranty repair; I was told there was a TSB on it but I never found one.

Weird Noise When Clutch Is Engaged - ZX5chica - 06-01-2008

laidman,May 31 2008, 11:07 AM Wrote:I wonder if the clutch isn't fully engaged, either may need adjusting, or it could be fubar.  How many KM's are on the clutch.  It may need to be at least serviced or replaced.  Definitly sounds wierd.
[right][snapback]265602[/snapback][/right]

37K Kms on the car. Still under warranty. This isn't my first standard car either, so the clutch shouldn't be done.

Also, every once in awhile, it gives my a hard time to shift into 5th...

in any case, I'll bring it into the stealership sometime within the next week, and I'll post an update when I get it.

Weird Noise When Clutch Is Engaged - naz - 06-01-2008

if its still under warranty take it in and have em fix it.. good luck!

Weird Noise When Clutch Is Engaged - NOS2Go4Me - 06-03-2008

Yup, warranty visit FTW!

Weird Noise When Clutch Is Engaged - Flofocus - 06-03-2008

Gear roll over noise. Pretty normal for the MTX75 tranny.

Aftermarket clutches make it worse, I've learned to live with it.

You can get it checked out, but dont expect anything. :ph34r:

Weird Noise When Clutch Is Engaged - ANTHONYD - 06-03-2008

Flofocus,Jun 2 2008, 10:32 AM Wrote:Gear roll over noise.  Pretty normal for the MTX75 tranny.

Aftermarket clutches make it worse, I've learned to live with it.

You can get it checked out, but dont expect anything.  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]265704[/snapback][/right]

Yup.
Gear roll over noise.
After the 3rd tranny in my car for this, they told me it was harmless.

Weird Noise When Clutch Is Engaged - ZX3_2NV - 06-06-2008

yaa it use to happen to me but now its either gone or im use to it

Weird Noise When Clutch Is Engaged - ANTHONYD - 06-06-2008

Mine STILL does it on occasion.

Weird Noise When Clutch Is Engaged - Flofocus - 06-06-2008

Mine does it like clockwork. :lol: