FocusCanada Forums
Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Intake Anyone? [pics Up] (/showthread.php?tid=3282)

Pages: 1 2

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - RedGFX007 - 05-21-2008

ok, i'm goin on a rant here.

the dealer didn't get the right one, they tried to sell me one from the UK, the next place i went to obviously decided that i had a Zetec motor and sent me a Zetec/SVT intake twice.....

can anyone tell me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! where can i get a C/A Intake for my Duratec 2.0L Focus for a reasonable price within a Reasonable time frame.. like, less then 3 weeks?????

i mean for %$*'s sakes!!!!

Chris :wtf:

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - NOS2Go4Me - 05-21-2008

http://www.focussport.com/coolflo.htm

FocusSport's CAI - I just sold my old one to Oscar. It's a great intake and it works well in all seasons from my experience. I recommend getting the spray for it to re-lubricate it as well. Removing the stock intake is a bitch - be warned!

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - Oscar The Grouch - 05-21-2008

Its a good intake. I love it. You might be able to get a KN Typhoon as well, not sure what delivery is like.

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - audionut405 - 05-21-2008

NOS2Go4Me,May 20 2008, 10:21 PM Wrote:Removing the stock intake is a bitch - be warned!
[right][snapback]264719[/snapback][/right]
^X2

I haven't tried other intakes, but I have the Steeda SRI and I love it. It's nice cause it sits right behind the driver's headlight and comes with a heat shield, so no worries of water intake. Huge difference from stock, and the sound it makes when you open it up is music!
As for ordering it...I would go straight to the manufacturer. It will cut back on your wait time and headaches!!!

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - Spinal - 05-21-2008

i have the steeda, it works very well for the price, also has a nice whistle to it at about 3000-3500rpm while accelerating. any intake will work, only diff between a true CAI and a short ram (like the steeda) will be a couple ponies, but at least you don't have to worry about hydro locking at all.

read this thread, if you haven't already, and if you have well read it again lol.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142899

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - Canadian ST - 05-21-2008

I just Pmed you. I got my Steeda SRi for sale if you want it.

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - LOFOCI WAGON - 05-22-2008

AEM makes a short ram intake for a 2.0 Duratec, that's what I am getting for my car!

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - RedGFX007 - 05-22-2008

Spinal,May 20 2008, 10:57 PM Wrote:i have the steeda, it works very well for the price, also has a nice whistle to it at about 3000-3500rpm while accelerating. any intake will work, only diff between a true CAI and a short ram (like the steeda) will be a couple ponies, but at least you don't have to worry about hydro locking at all.

read this thread, if you haven't already, and if you have well read it again lol.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142899
[right][snapback]264744[/snapback][/right]

holy s*** thanks man... that's just what i needed!! lol ordering part today!!

Chris

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - RedGFX007 - 05-25-2008

hey guys,

for anybody who is still following this thread i got the intake and holy crap is it loud.. and it feels like it actually made a difference in the higher rang of my car.. sooo much fun to drive now..

Chris

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - ZTWsquared - 05-25-2008

[Image: pointlesswithoutpictures.jpg]

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - Focus man. Focus. - 05-25-2008

Yes, pic's please.

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - Spinal - 05-25-2008

RedGFX007,May 24 2008, 09:23 AM Wrote:hey guys,

for anybody who is still following this thread i got the intake and holy crap is it loud.. and it feels like it actually made a difference in the higher rang of my car.. sooo much fun to drive now..

Chris
[right][snapback]265021[/snapback][/right]
from what i've read and my personal exp the intake helps throughout the whole power band. an exhaust would be more top end only. thats what you should get next, then a tune and call it a day.

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - RedGFX007 - 05-25-2008

lol, sorry guys, i'll get some pics up tomorrow and maybe a dyno pull cuz the place i got the intake from is doin a dyno day. gonna see if it did anything.. heheh

Chris

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - Spinal - 05-26-2008

where'd you get it from? im getting my car dyno'd at steeda in a week or two when i buy my xcal 3.

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - RedGFX007 - 05-26-2008

[Image: DSC01979.jpg]

[Image: DSC01980.jpg]

[Image: DSC01981.jpg]

there's the pics of it.. freakin loud.. lol, i didn't get it dynoed today cuz the dyno day was ALOT bigger hen i thought it was and all the guys dynoing were all V6+ so i had a little cylinder envy... :(

Chris

Spinal,May 25 2008, 11:42 AM Wrote:where'd you get it from? im getting my car dyno'd at steeda in a week or two when i buy my xcal 3.
[right][snapback]265062[/snapback][/right]

i was goin to go to Dysilva racing on Brock Rd. in Pickering... good guys,, just like i said i had some cylinder envy.... :(

chris

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - Spinal - 05-26-2008

what happend to the filter? lol...it looks like something chewed at it...and you should come with me when i go to steeda, maybe the guys will give us a discount!

thats the moisture element to stop getting hydro locked its like mosquito netting you put over the filter...

i did it just in cae

Chris

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - Raypro - 05-27-2008

I ordered a K&N CAI for my FOcus ST 2.3L as well. Will I can better exhaust notes with the CAI? I have a Borla exhaust system. Just wondering how it sounds.

Intake Anyone? [pics Up] - Canadian ST - 05-27-2008

Raypro,May 26 2008, 10:07 PM Wrote:I ordered a K&N CAI for my FOcus ST 2.3L as well. Will I can better exhaust notes with the CAI? I have a Borla exhaust system. Just wondering how it sounds.
[right][snapback]265161[/snapback][/right]

I had the steeda sri and the mbrp on my 07 st and it sounded great when I gave it gas. It probably won't be much louder because you already have the exhaust.