FocusCanada Forums
Svt Header Conversion - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Svt Header Conversion (/showthread.php?tid=3589)

Svt Header Conversion - Alec Brandon - 04-05-2008

So I've had the MBRP exhaust on my 2000 zx3 for over a year and still love it.

Now I want to change the stock headers for a set of SVT headers.
Question is, does anyone sell a kit that include the SVT headers, high flow cat, and flex pipe that will bolt onto my existing setup?

I was looking at CFM but they only appear to have a complete exhaust solution.

Svt Header Conversion - dBlast - 04-05-2008

McNews automotive sells a kit which includes the SVT header, SVT format hi flow cat or ORP, flex. Also included in the kit are a revised EGR tube and SVT dip stick and O2 extentions. It comes in 2.25" and 2.5" connections to whatever flex back exhaust you have.

I currently have this setup connected to a Borla 2.5" exhaust and man is it loud!

At idle and around 2000rpm it is not bad, but at WOT it is race car loud.

McNews link

Svt Header Conversion - naz - 04-05-2008

i used to have a long tube header and a 2.5" borla exhaust on my '00 zx3. it was obnoxiously loud. i was happy to get rid of the long tube header

Svt Header Conversion - faster_than_u - 04-05-2008

get the svt header kit. its designed by cosworth, flows the best, and you get to keep your cat

Svt Header Conversion - mpcv2000 - 04-05-2008

Alec Brandon,Apr 4 2008, 04:10 PM Wrote:......does anyone sell a kit that include the SVT headers, high flow cat, and flex pipe that will bolt onto my existing setup?

[right][snapback]261284[/snapback][/right]

Ford Racing has the kit and MCNews has a high-Flow cat that will work on a Zetec using the SVT header kit.

I have the kit on one of my Focus , here's a few pics of my installation : Clic here..

Svt Header Conversion - faster_than_u - 04-06-2008

that look really good after the coating

Svt Header Conversion - Focus man. Focus. - 04-06-2008

Looks and sounds sweet. Nice Job Man.

Svt Header Conversion - naz - 04-06-2008

why'd you take off the bolts for the OE heat shield? to show off the coating and the fact you have a modified exhaust manifold?

Svt Header Conversion - mpcv2000 - 04-06-2008

I will suggest some of you to do a little search about what is the function of : Ceramic coating".

We are not talking here about "chrome plating".

Svt Header Conversion - naz - 04-06-2008

mpcv2000,Apr 6 2008, 01:30 AM Wrote:I will suggest some of you to do a little search about what is the function of : Ceramic coating".

[right][snapback]261343[/snapback][/right]

yes, i'm familiar with the marketing promise of 'ceramic coating' (lower surface temps, better flow, and ultimately of course, more horsepower)

just surprised you took off the heatshield bolts since i would think the heatshield and coating together would do a better job than either alone

i assumed it was b/c you do not get show points if people can't see the mod

Svt Header Conversion - NikiterZTS - 04-07-2008

naz,Apr 5 2008, 11:40 PM Wrote:
mpcv2000,Apr 6 2008, 01:30 AM Wrote:I will suggest some of you to do a little search about what is the function of : Ceramic coating".

[right][snapback]261343[/snapback][/right]

i assumed it was b/c you do not get show points if people can't see the mod
[right][snapback]261349[/snapback][/right]

DING! DING! DING!!

:D