FocusCanada Forums
Need To Install A New Motor - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Need To Install A New Motor (/showthread.php?tid=3650)

Need To Install A New Motor - blue_light - 03-26-2008

I found a motor for my 2000 sedan, currently I have a 2.0 spi auto, I found a z-tec motor with trany, but I need to find someone who can install it without having to pay alot.

Need To Install A New Motor - mo_focus - 03-26-2008

blue_light,Mar 25 2008, 04:31 PM Wrote:I found a motor for my 2000 sedan, currently I have a 2.0 spi auto, I found a z-tec motor with trany, but I need to find someone who can install it without having to pay alot.
[right][snapback]260580[/snapback][/right]

where are you located?

Need To Install A New Motor - ZED_not_zee - 03-26-2008

well it's prety strait forward.. tools and time and light and a hoist,,, I've done it in a weekend... I just finished helping my friend put a built RB26 into his GTR.. MAN if we can do that you can swap your motor...

good luck.. use anti seez

Need To Install A New Motor - oldeguy - 03-27-2008

Call around to the shops in your area. My son lives in Peterborough, and his buddies Uncle is a mechanic. I'll talk to my son to see if he can get the mechanics number. Just a question, won't you need an ECU from a Zetec as well?

Need To Install A New Motor - blue_light - 03-27-2008

oldeguy,Mar 26 2008, 08:21 AM Wrote:Call around to the shops in your area. My son lives in Peterborough, and his buddies Uncle is a mechanic. I'll talk to my son to see if he can get the mechanics number. Just a question, won't you need an ECU from a Zetec as well?
[right][snapback]260638[/snapback][/right]
yes I have the ecu

Need To Install A New Motor - ZX3_2NV - 03-28-2008

It toronto P R Performance is pretty decenly priced at $65 hour for labour im sure he can give you a flat rate for the complete swag give them a call talk 2 paul at 416 604 1600 tell him Andrew told you to call him

Need To Install A New Motor - blue_light - 03-28-2008

What about the drive train and other then the ecu do I need to change any other wiring or parts, from what I know is the motor mounts and ecu are the only thing.

Need To Install A New Motor - ZX3_2NV - 03-28-2008

ummm yaa i dun think the spi tranny bolts up not sure u'll have to call and ask and P R will finish off the reaserch for u

Need To Install A New Motor - NOS2Go4Me - 03-28-2008

If you're ATX, I believe you're fine. If you're running the IB5 manual, you'll need a MTX75 transmission for the Zetec motor.

Need To Install A New Motor - schade - 03-28-2008

if your swapping from the SPI to the zetec, you'll need the complete engine harness, as alot of the sensors and wire locations and completly different ... its not just a simple plug and play swap along with the ecu and pcm

if i were you i'd just send that zetec back and search for another spi motor .. unless your not in a hurry

Need To Install A New Motor - Oscar The Grouch - 03-28-2008

schade,Mar 27 2008, 07:26 PM Wrote:if your swapping from the SPI to the zetec, you'll need the complete engine harness, as alot of the sensors and wire locations and completly different ... its not just a simple plug and play swap along with the ecu and pcm

if i were you i'd just send that zetec back and search for another spi motor .. unless your not in a hurry
[right][snapback]260698[/snapback][/right]

or go with a 350 RWD conversion. :D

Need To Install A New Motor - blue_light - 03-28-2008

well I got the motor with the trany its an automatic, I can't find a dicent spi motor I'v had to much problems with it I have all the plugs and wiring, all i need to know if the drive train fits the ztec trany. And I do have a bit of time I have another car to drive for a bit.