FocusCanada Forums
Door Handles (00-04) - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Classifieds (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Buy Items (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Door Handles (00-04) (/showthread.php?tid=3667)

Door Handles (00-04) - cornflakes - 03-20-2008

anyone have 4 silver door handles for the focus 00-04? the zx3 or mazda tribute (02-04) will fit too. I already painted my handles silver myself but not pleased with the result and just want to get them professionally done or buy silver door handles.

Door Handles (00-04) - SVTGuy02 - 03-21-2008

can't you just remove the paint job that you did, re-sand it down and try again?

Door Handles (00-04) - Burnin21 - 03-21-2008

lol thats what I would do

Door Handles (00-04) - cornflakes - 03-23-2008

yeah but it is a huuuuuge pain in @ss to undo the door panels and all the screws in small places and the self-paint-job is no where close to the quality of professionally done door handles. The paint is easily chipped off or scratched from the weather (ice / freezing rain) and it loses its shine.

The problem all started when mazda bascially told me they had em painted and ready for me but when they ordered it only the CAPS came painted and the door handles i had to do myself so they reduced the price but i was stupid to still have taken the deal....i shoulda just got em done professionally from the get go.

Door Handles (00-04) - focusonthis_88 - 03-23-2008

cornflakes,Mar 22 2008, 11:21 PM Wrote:yeah but it is a huuuuuge pain in @ss to undo the door panels and all the screws in small places and the self-paint-job is no where close to the quality of professionally done door handles. 
[right][snapback]260403[/snapback][/right]

Well you still need to remove your old one before putting your new one on...Why not do it again and safe you some money.

Door Handles (00-04) - cornflakes - 03-26-2008

...the other thing is, i drive almost every day and to repaint them i might have to go a couple days without door handles LOL.

I really tried, i did and they are fine right now but i can tell already another winter and hot summer, the paints gonna start fading or chipping off.