FocusCanada Forums
Finally Got My Car Back From The Body Shop - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Finally Got My Car Back From The Body Shop (/showthread.php?tid=3733)

Finally Got My Car Back From The Body Shop - Focus man. Focus. - 03-08-2008

Well I picked up my car last night after being in the body shop for 2 and a half weeks and well they screwed up. The extremely cheap aftermarket front bumper cover is full of sharp injection moulding seams. And they didn't paint the lower part of it, they left it black like the 00's. So needless to say I have to take it back for them to finish it properly. I will take it in when I go to Cancun in 2 weeks. I pointed out their errors before I left so they do acknowelege the mistake.

But 1 good thing is that I got new fog lights. I no longer have the yellowed stock fog lights and the light is much better projected. Also new headlights and upper and lower grills. So the front end is much cleaner than it was before.

Another problem is when they reassembled the passenger door they installed the window and door lock switches upside down. So I will take care of that, it isn't really that big of a deal. I will post some pic's when I get a chance.

I did get a copy of the bill they were submitting to the insurance and the repair cost $5100.00. I'm kind of surprised they didn't right it off. But oh well.

Finally Got My Car Back From The Body Shop - SVTGuy02 - 03-08-2008

pics? ;)

Finally Got My Car Back From The Body Shop - ANTHONYD - 03-08-2008

wow they didn't write it off at 5100.00???

Man you got hosed! :(

Finally Got My Car Back From The Body Shop - tippmann - 03-08-2008

for a rear bumper and whatever else is involved with replacing one after being hit from behind cost $1500 and almost took 2 weeks to do

Finally Got My Car Back From The Body Shop - Focus man. Focus. - 03-08-2008

When I get to the office I will scan the paperwork. I should have done it today but I didn't even think of it. The aftermarket front bumper cover is total crap. I took another look at it today and I am taking it back. I will leave it when I go to the Myan in less than 2 weeks.

Finally Got My Car Back From The Body Shop - SL8RZZX3 - 03-09-2008

what kind of aftermarket bumper is it? or is it an OEM knockoff?

Finally Got My Car Back From The Body Shop - mister_bin - 03-09-2008

Pics ????

Finally Got My Car Back From The Body Shop - Spinal - 03-10-2008

def need pics, and someones got lots of $ to go to cancun :lol: you need to come to a meet this year, you only came to like 2 last time!

Finally Got My Car Back From The Body Shop - Focus man. Focus. - 03-10-2008

Yeah its an OEM knock off. I don't think you will be able to see the problems if I take pic's, but I will try. As for money, we won this vacation from being on "Rich Bride, Poor Bride". The show will air some time this spring. I will deffinatly try and get out to more meets this year. My drivers licence was on Medical Suspension for most of last year due to health problems.

Pic's to follow.

Finally Got My Car Back From The Body Shop - Focus man. Focus. - 03-10-2008

Here is a copy of the repair order.

[Image: 2324112776_d9874ff454_b.jpg]

[Image: 2323299805_499d3bf0e1_b.jpg]