FocusCanada Forums
Dakar Rally - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Motorsport (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Dakar Rally (/showthread.php?tid=4082)

Dakar Rally - oldeguy - 01-04-2008

The Dakar Rally has been cancelled due to political uncertainty and direct threats of terrorism against the Rally, for 2008

Dakar Rally - mo_focus - 01-05-2008

ohhh this really sucks, i was looking forward to the rally :(

i remember last year they had to cancel couple of stages as well bc of ppl and cars being hyjacked at gun point while racing

Dakar Rally - Burnin21 - 01-05-2008

Man its a harmless race I dont understand why other people (outsiders) have to interfear with a sport. I hate it when any type of sport or race is cancelled because of a terrorist threat. Its just unfair :(

Dakar Rally - mo_focus - 01-05-2008

Burnin21,Jan 4 2008, 10:17 PM Wrote:Man its a harmless race I dont understand why other people (outsiders) have to interfear with a sport. I hate it when any type of sport or race is cancelled because of a terrorist threat. Its just unfair :(
[right][snapback]255599[/snapback][/right]

well in this case i sort of understant them. The drivers were killed last year and they stole thier car. These cars are worth lot of money and i guess thives are stealing them and selling on the black market.

I just wish they can do a bit different race. Maybe have a race that runs in europe and goes to SAUDI ARABIA or even qatar. that way they would get some snow/mud and sand. i think it should be fun if they do a race that runs from russia all the way to saudi arabia :)