FocusCanada Forums
New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace (/showthread.php?tid=410)

Pages: 1 2 3

New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace - tetra - 01-25-2010

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219214

Check that thread out, it seems this little baby would be better than the FSWerks lower front stress bar. Looks like it hooks up to control arms and to the frame. It can be purchased here: http://focus.c-f-m.com/newitemHTPerformanceFrontCMBrace.aspx

New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace - Oscar The Grouch - 01-25-2010

Was kinda debating on getting this, but then I found out that speedbumps are an issue with this mod.

New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace - tetra - 01-25-2010

I think it'll be OK..
I have a 1.5" drop, not all that much. And when you go over bumps, because of where the bar is attached it should go up properly. I'm going to get for sure in the spring. Will protect the tranny from getting hit as well if you were to go over some extreme bump. I've never even came close to hitting the underneath and I've went over some nasty speed bumps. Just gotta go slow and keep the suspension stiff.

New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace - Oscar The Grouch - 01-25-2010

tetra,Jan 24 2010, 03:31 PM Wrote:I think it'll be OK..
Will protect the tranny from getting hit as well if you were to go over some extreme bump.
[right][snapback]300100[/snapback][/right]

Take a look at this install pic, I'm not entirely sure, but I think the lowspot on the tranny is near the front to middle and the bar would only protect it when backing up.

[Image: htp%20front%20brace%20beta%20installed%2001.jpg]

New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace - NikiterZTS - 01-25-2010

the price ain't bad for the new one

New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace - ZTWsquared - 01-25-2010

I have the exact same thing on the Fusion ... I was looking at it the other day during an oil change - it took one hell of a beating so far this winter, but I don't recall it hitting anything during normal driving or on the track.

New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace - Scorcher000 - 02-01-2010

So is anyone going to try this thing out????

New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace - Spinal - 02-02-2010

Scorcher000,Feb 1 2010, 08:27 AM Wrote:So is anyone going to try this thing out????
[right][snapback]300554[/snapback][/right]
tetra might in the spring but maybe you should take his place in the meantime johnny :lol:

New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace - Scorcher000 - 02-02-2010

Spinal,Feb 1 2010, 09:29 AM Wrote:
Scorcher000,Feb 1 2010, 08:27 AM Wrote:So is anyone going to try this thing out????
[right][snapback]300554[/snapback][/right]
tetra might in the spring but maybe you should take his place in the meantime johnny :lol:
[right][snapback]300555[/snapback][/right]

Kinda already did last night. Lol I was just wondering if anyelse did it too. I needed to get a new rear mount too. I broke mine.... all I can say is, that Protege was quick but not quick enough, though I did pay the price of a new mount. :ph34r: :ph34r:

New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace - roast - 02-02-2010

Not to be a debbie downer but has anyone proven that our front cross member actually deflects under compression/tension or torsional load?

roast,Feb 1 2010, 11:41 AM Wrote:Not to be a debbie downer but has anyone proven that our front cross member actually deflects under compression/tension or torsional load?
[right][snapback]300565[/snapback][/right]

It's all prbably mental... But if you think your car is solid then it is solid right lol.

Scorcher000,Feb 1 2010, 11:05 AM Wrote:I broke mine.... all I can say is, that Protege was quick but not quick enough, though I did pay the price of a new mount. :ph34r:  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]300562[/snapback][/right]
when the massiv meets start again i got somethin for ya B)
roast,Feb 1 2010, 11:41 AM Wrote:Not to be a debbie downer but has anyone proven that our front cross member actually deflects under compression/tension or torsional load?
[right][snapback]300565[/snapback][/right]
i'm sure someones done it. i got the FS lower-stress bar and apparently the most load is where the bar attaches while turning, so hopefully its at least somewhat worth the money lol.

New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace - Oscar The Grouch - 02-02-2010

If we didn't have the s***tiest roads up here in North Bay and I didn't have a f***ed up driveway, I would get this.

Mike...
What do you mean you have something for me lol.

like you're the only one who accumulates stuff over the winter to put on in the summer, you should see the wack of stuff i have in the basement lol.

Lol, I ight.... we will see lol. You should enter in the Performance Workl car show then lol cause thats where you'll see all of my mods on before the meets

Scorcher000,Feb 1 2010, 05:30 PM Wrote:Lol, I ight.... we will see lol. You should enter in the Performance Workl car show then lol cause thats where you'll see all of my mods on before the meets
[right][snapback]300588[/snapback][/right]
ill prob be working one day or the other so i couldn't.

New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace - tetra - 02-03-2010

Oscar The Grouch,Feb 1 2010, 12:44 PM Wrote:If we didn't have the s***tiest roads up here in North Bay and I didn't have a f***ed up driveway, I would get this.
[right][snapback]300574[/snapback][/right]

I feel your pain man, each time I go home to Sudbury I cringe at those roads.. Horrible...

Spinal,Feb 1 2010, 12:44 PM Wrote:i'm sure someones done it. i got the FS lower-stress bar and apparently the most load is where the bar attaches while turning, so hopefully its at least somewhat worth the money lol.
[right][snapback]300568[/snapback][/right]

It's supposed to reduce wheel hop as well.
I have a few tricks up my sleeve for spring as well! :)

New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace - Oscar The Grouch - 02-03-2010

tetra,Feb 2 2010, 05:17 PM Wrote:It's supposed to reduce wheel hop as well.
I have a few tricks up my sleeve for spring as well! :)
[right][snapback]300626[/snapback][/right]

I'm going to do a little bit of research on this along with traction bars. Need to understand the physics involved to see cause for some reason, I don't see why it reduces wheel hop. I know good shocks do that along with traction bars.

New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace - tetra - 02-03-2010

Cool, let me know what you find out.
You had a good point about bad roads though. I'm wondering if having that cross member bar can cause damage if you hit a nice bump and doesn't allow flex to happen..