FocusCanada Forums
Octane Booster - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Octane Booster (/showthread.php?tid=4716)

Octane Booster - Alec Brandon - 09-21-2007

So I have a tank full of 91 octane and want to check out my 94 octane program. WIthout having to wait for that tank to be used up can I use an octane booster?

What has been everyone's experience with these products?
Should I be worried about potentially damaging my engine?

Octane Booster - Flofocus - 09-21-2007

Alec Brandon,Sep 20 2007, 01:36 PM Wrote:So I have a tank full of 91 octane and want to check out my 94 octane program.  WIthout having to wait for that tank to be used up can I use an octane booster?

What has been everyone's experience with these products?
Should I be worried about potentially damaging my engine?
[right][snapback]249167[/snapback][/right]

I had to use the stuff this week because Sunoco was out of 94 AND 91 :blink:

Put in $10 of 89, threw two bottles of octane booster in case, and didnt boost at all till I could get to another Sunoco.

With that said, i couldnt tell you if it made a difference, no deto was heard, but like I said, I didnt hit boost at all. The car was idling funny, I thought it was a leak again, but after I filled up with 94, the idle went back to normal. Very weird.

Octane Booster - naz - 09-21-2007

i would NOT count on a canned octane booster to get you from 91 to 94 especially if you are boosted (unless this is a can of straight up toluene we are talking about)

i have been reading about this recently since apparently my stock ECU can optimize timing up to 96 octane.. it turns out that these 'octane boosters' only add like .6 octane or something pathetic like that.

the only thing that does work for sure is to put toluene in the tank. if you mixed toluene into your tank of 91 (you'd have to look up the proportion) that would certainly get to to 94 or above.

Octane Booster - 02_svt_guy - 09-21-2007

bad idea my friend just wait till ur empty then fill with 94