FocusCanada Forums
Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 (/showthread.php?tid=4763)

Pages: 1 2

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - NefCanuck - 09-13-2007

Welp, bit the bullet and today had the SVT suspension dropped into my car by Dixie Ford.

Finally the car doesn't look like it could go off roading at a moments notice and doesn't lean like a drunk on free beer night in the curves if pushed :D As an added bonus, no more nosediving under hard braking :)

Pics when I get the car washed again (Dear god, the Dixie mechanics obviously didn't use any sort of protection on the fenders... Disgusting grease marks :puke: )

NefCanuck

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - NikiterZTS - 09-13-2007

hey Dan congrats buddy

lets taking to lapping tack now......i still have have to test mine

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - NefCanuck - 09-13-2007

NikiterZTS,Sep 12 2007, 09:47 PM Wrote:hey Dan congrats buddy

lets taking to lapping tack now......i still have have to test mine
[right][snapback]248691[/snapback][/right]

Have to see what my schedule is like (Once I go back to work Monday I expect to buried in crap up to my eyeballs for a while) but yeah, I wouldn't mind that....

NefCanuck

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - ANTHONYD - 09-13-2007

Your dealer doesn't wash your car after doing work to it????

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - zx5power - 09-14-2007

I thought that 05 suspension was different that 00 - 04

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - Gravter - 09-14-2007

^ Nope, they only changed it in '06
The '05 is lucky in a way to have the same as 00-04. More options!

ANTHONYD,Sep 13 2007, 08:32 AM Wrote:Your dealer doesn't wash your car after doing work to it????
[right][snapback]248700[/snapback][/right]

What kind of work?
When I get an oil change, I don't get a wash with it.
I used to get a wash with my SVT Cobra though, at another dealer.

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - NefCanuck - 09-14-2007

ANTHONYD,Sep 13 2007, 07:32 AM Wrote:Your dealer doesn't wash your car after doing work to it????

This was a one off, but yeah you'd figure after I dropped $1500 (which included a bent right tie rod end, not ESP applicable) they'd at least run a hose over it <_<)

NefCanuck

Gravter,Sep 13 2007, 11:19 AM Wrote:^ Nope, they only changed it in '06
The '05 is lucky in a way to have the same as 00-04. More options!
[right][snapback]248714[/snapback][/right]

Yes & no, apparently to shove in the SVT kit on the 05 required them to drop the subframe assembly so that added to the labour cost due to the extra time to drop & replace that assembly (Though had the tie rod end not been bent they would have had the job done @ around 3:30pm)

So now I'm the second wanna be SVT that I know of (The other being GapboyPCS) but the only one I know of that did the upgrade to an 05 model :P

NefCanuck

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - Flofocus - 09-14-2007

Gravter,Sep 13 2007, 12:19 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Sep 13 2007, 08:32 AM Wrote:Your dealer doesn't wash your car after doing work to it????

I used to get a wash with my SVT Cobra though, at another dealer.
[right][snapback]248714[/snapback][/right]

Thats because you had an svt, suppose to get free washes when your an svt customer.

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - focusonthis_88 - 09-14-2007

Flofocus,Sep 13 2007, 02:28 PM Wrote:suppose to get free washes when your an svt customer.
[right][snapback]248727[/snapback][/right]

You serious?

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - NikiterZTS - 09-14-2007

so how do you like the handeling now Dan?

NikiterZTS,Sep 13 2007, 02:24 PM Wrote:so how do you like the handeling now Dan?
[right][snapback]248737[/snapback][/right]

Well, obviously a bit stiffer than stock over bad roads (But the leather seats cushion most of that, though I haven't hit the "train tracks 'o doom" on Altona Rd. in Pickering yet for the ultimate torture test) but turn in is much better with almost no body lean that I can detect, though I'll have to try my favourite right hander to see if I'm just imagining that.

I've hit a few on & off ramps on the highway and no lean there either, haven't hit one of the 3/4 circle ones yet but I'm expecting those to be real fun now :lol:

NefCanuck

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - euro_zx5 - 09-14-2007

Sweet! Congrats!

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - NOS2Go4Me - 09-14-2007

Congrats on the upgrade, man! You had the 05 SES suspension, right?

I've noticed that mine is almost as stiff as the S2 suspension, so I'm wondering if they really did change part #s for the 06/07 crowd (on top of LCAs and other lower bits).

You're also lucky that you CAN bolt up the SVT gear :angry: :P

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - NefCanuck - 09-15-2007

NOS2Go4Me,Sep 14 2007, 08:35 AM Wrote:Congrats on the upgrade, man! You had the 05 SES suspension, right?

I've noticed that mine is almost as stiff as the S2 suspension, so I'm wondering if they really did change part #s for the 06/07 (on top of LCAs and other lower bits).

You're also lucky that you CAN bolt up the SVT gear :angry: :P
[right][snapback]248775[/snapback][/right]

Yeah and man I'm really surprised at the difference in suspension firmness beween the SES and the SVT running gear. I was out and about today and stopped for dinner in a mall that uses speed bumps to try and keep people's speeds down.

What a difference, the stock SES setup would go over and then on the rebound crash against the bumpstops, with me nearly beaning myself in the process. Go over those same speedbumps with the new setup? Up and over, no rebound, no drama and no head trauma, I'm in love :bowdown:

Still can't understand why they even bothered to change the setup on the 06 & 07 models, maybe they found a way to do things cheaper :iono:

NefCanuck

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - zx5power - 09-15-2007

prolly a newer system for the newer models why not use the 06 07 for the change to test system for 08 +

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - Canadian ST - 09-15-2007

Cool, I think I'm going to do that to my wifes 01 se. I heard that the SVT package is great. Did you use the 21mm rear bar to??? I wonder if there is a noticable difference between the 21mm and the stock 20mm? I may have to scoop the rear bar from the kit :ph34r: I have the SVT type dampers in my car and I love them, I can really feel the road. There is still to much body roll though with the stock springs, oh well maybe new ones are in order.

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - NefCanuck - 09-15-2007

Canadian ST,Sep 14 2007, 08:00 PM Wrote:Cool, I think I'm going to do that to my wifes 01 se. I heard that the SVT package is great. Did you use the 21mm rear bar to??? I wonder if there is a noticable difference between the 21mm and the stock 20mm? I may have to scoop the rear bar from the kit :ph34r: I have the SVT type dampers in my car and I love them, I can really feel the road. There is still to much body roll though with the stock springs, oh well maybe new ones are in order.
[right][snapback]248802[/snapback][/right]

I had them install the entire kit so I'm not sure what the thickness of the SVT rear bar actually is offhand (Anybody with an SVT care to chime in here?)

:blink: You mixed & matched between SVT parts & non SVT parts? I didn't think you could do that without sending the handling into the crapper :iono:

I managed to drag the old parts up to my place and they're in storage (the stock stuff only has 56K on it) so I may look at seeing if anybody wants it.

NefCanuck

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - Canadian ST - 09-15-2007

NefCanuck,Sep 15 2007, 12:54 AM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Sep 14 2007, 08:00 PM Wrote:Cool, I think I'm going to do that to my wifes 01 se. I heard that the SVT package is great. Did you use the 21mm rear bar to??? I wonder if there is a noticable difference between the 21mm and the stock 20mm? I may have to scoop the rear bar from the kit :ph34r: I have the SVT type dampers in my car and I love them, I can really feel the road. There is still to much body roll though with the stock springs, oh well maybe new ones are in order.
[right][snapback]248802[/snapback][/right]

I had them install the entire kit so I'm not sure what the thickness of the SVT rear bar actually is offhand (Anybody with an SVT care to chime in here?)

:blink: You mixed & matched between SVT parts & non SVT parts? I didn't think you could do that without sending the handling into the crapper :iono:

I managed to drag the old parts up to my place and they're in storage (the stock stuff only has 56K on it) so I may look at seeing if anybody wants it.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]248811[/snapback][/right]

Well the stock SES/ST rear swaybar size is 20mm, the swaybar that comes in the SVT kit is 21mm. I should have worded myself better sorry :blink: The ST comes with "SVT type dampers" (M-18000-zx3b)since they changed stuff for 06,07. They are the same as yours just are for the new suspension change. It makes me wonder if I can use the new Ford Racing lowering springs (m-5560zx3b) I'll ask Ford see what they say. :ph34r:

Done My Last Major Car Mod For 2007 - NefCanuck - 09-16-2007

Okay finally managed to drag the car in for a bath and can now show the results.

In fact I'll show the progression of the car in the two and a half years that I've owned it ;)

As originally purchased:

[Image: Focus%20shotsttleredrollerskate.jpg]

Just before the lowering:

[Image: FocusClean07.jpg]

Lowered and cleaned:

[Image: DSC00690-1.jpg]

NefCanuck