FocusCanada Forums
Yellow Foglights? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Yellow Foglights? (/showthread.php?tid=4788)

Yellow Foglights? - cornflakes - 09-09-2007

what is the best option for yellow foglights?

1) yellow bulbs
2) keep stock bulbs but get yellow plastic covering
3) is there any kind of stick on film that u can apply on the plastic casing?

Yellow Foglights? - mo_focus - 09-10-2007

I looked into all that options as well. Cheapest one is to get a spray can and paint the housing. they only problem with that is the fact its permenant.

[Image: IMG_7188.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7189.jpg]

this is with just the spray and i got HID's for headlights. I bought the spray from crappy tire and if you want i can get you the name.

Yellow Foglights? - konafocuswrc - 09-10-2007

heard some came with glass fog, if yours is one of them, you cstill can sand it off when you don;t want yellow..

i agree, cheap solution is to spray..
but film works too but if you don't apply well enough, it will fly off.

by the way, i like the color scheme of yours, mo_focus

Yellow Foglights? - Frost__2001 - 09-10-2007

I did the foglight bulbs themselves, I got them off e-bay as it was really cheap to get them that waywith out paying huge mark up at some performance shops as they don't carry the standard Focus bulb sizes.

Yellow Foglights? - ZX3_2NV - 09-10-2007

the film is the best bang for the buck and so easy to install i'll take some pics of the laminx film on my fogs and upload them if i foget just pm me

Yellow Foglights? - ZX3_2NV - 09-12-2007

Theres the pic of the laminx or you can get it on ebay for way cheaper from viynl x or something like that

[Image: P1000326.jpg]

Yellow Foglights? - cornflakes - 09-12-2007

yeah ....i think film is the way to go....i dont want to spray it on cuz i might want it back to clear. This yellow foglight thing is probably just a phase im going through and will pass eventually so i'll look into film. Laminix u said? is ebay the best place to buy em or some other high quality film that won't peel off easily?

Yellow Foglights? - Frost__2001 - 09-12-2007

cornflakes,Sep 12 2007, 12:56 AM Wrote:yeah ....i think film is the way to go....i dont want to spray it on cuz i might want it back to clear.  This yellow foglight thing is probably just a phase im going through and will pass eventually so i'll look into film.  Laminix u said? is ebay the best place to buy em or some other high quality film that won't peel off easily?
[right][snapback]248649[/snapback][/right]

Umm if it's just a phase, your going thru then buy the bulbs as it's $20 - $25 shipped, and then you don't have to worry about getting new foglights to replace the ones you put film on.

Yellow Foglights? - euro_zx5 - 09-13-2007

Frost__2001,Sep 12 2007, 02:25 AM Wrote:
cornflakes,Sep 12 2007, 12:56 AM Wrote:yeah ....i think film is the way to go....i dont want to spray it on cuz i might want it back to clear.  This yellow foglight thing is probably just a phase im going through and will pass eventually so i'll look into film.  Laminix u said? is ebay the best place to buy em or some other high quality film that won't peel off easily?

Umm if it's just a phase, your going thru then buy the bulbs as it's $20 - $25 shipped, and then you don't have to worry about getting new foglights to replace the ones you put film on.
[right][snapback]248652[/snapback][/right]

Phil... the film comes off. B)

Yellow Foglights? - Frost__2001 - 09-14-2007

euro_zx5,Sep 12 2007, 04:23 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Sep 12 2007, 02:25 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]248652[/snapback][/right]

Phil... the film comes off. B)
[right][snapback]248675[/snapback][/right]

yes but it's easier to change a bulb.

Yellow Foglights? - ZX3_2NV - 09-14-2007

it so simple to put on or take off way easier then changing the bulbs

check the link
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Fog-Light-Tint-Cover-Ki...VQQcmdZViewItem

if the link doesn't work serch focus fog light tint