FocusCanada Forums
Subie Wrx - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Subie Wrx (/showthread.php?tid=5259)

Subie Wrx - Canadian ST - 07-05-2007

Well Tuesday my friend at work let me take his Subie wrx out for a spin and holy sh@t!!! I love boost and the awd is a hoot. It made me realize how slow my 07 ST is :(
His cousin has a 05 ST with a SRI, cat-back and a xcal tune and he said he can keep up with him at a rolling start. So that is what I must do. I've been waiting for my Steeda SRi for 5 weeks and its due Tuesday, I think I'm going to get the Focus Sport stealth exhaust for my car next ( I want to be as quieter as possible) as for tune? I do a lot of driving 500-600km a week so I need something that won't kill my MPG. With SRI and Catback should I also get a throttle body?

Please help in my quest for power.

Subie Wrx - NOS2Go4Me - 07-05-2007

The TB will improve your throttle response and it will give you the impression that your power will "hit" earlier. It will make the engine a lot more "twitchy" to drive so that's a trade-off. An acceptable one in my books, but still... be aware.

If you're going with an exhaust of any sort... mandrel-bent is the only way to go. Not too many guys are running the FS exhausts here, but they seem popular down in the States.

The X-Cal will be your biggest booster but only if you tune for 91 octane. You'll likely come close to, if not exceeding a 10% BHP increase over your current level with a good tune from FS.

The only other thing I'd recommend is a Balance Shaft Delete kit, but doing that is a significant amount of work complete with an oil change when you're done :lol: It's along the same lines as a UDP - it frees up power that would normally be wasted turning an accessory. Most who have done the mod, if not all, have said their engine is MUCH more responsive afterwards and willing to rev. This applies only to the 2.3L (your engine), the 2.0L Duratecs don't have one.

Subie Wrx - naz - 07-06-2007

get a sport bike leave your focus stock

i left my wrx stock cuz even if i dump tons of $ its still dog slow compared to a bike bone stock from the dealership floor