FocusCanada Forums
Focus Central Intake Manifold (mitch Maybe Knows?) - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Focus Central Intake Manifold (mitch Maybe Knows?) (/showthread.php?tid=5282)

Focus Central Intake Manifold (mitch Maybe Knows?) - NikiterZTS - 07-03-2007

Well believe it or not i found a good deal on Focus Central intake manifold......yea they don't make those any more and haven't for the longest time....
at first i was really happy but after doing some research i thought that it would not be all that good with all those mods....but maybe it would.....wow.....lost

let me hear what you guys think
by the way here are my upcomming mods
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=21737

and here's the intake manifold
http://www.zx3tuning.com/engine_02.html
and some actual shots
[Image: 1-1.jpg]
[Image: 2-1.jpg]
[Image: 3-1.jpg]
[Image: 4-1.jpg]

this is gettin worst....looks like i will have to get the head P&P

Focus Central Intake Manifold (mitch Maybe Knows?) - naz - 07-03-2007

NikiterZTS,Jul 3 2007, 02:50 AM Wrote:this is gettin worst....looks like i will have to get the head P&P
[right][snapback]242917[/snapback][/right]

i'd take a step back and re-assess the costs bro.. if you are getting within striking distance of going turbo bite the bullet and do that instead.. stick to your orig plan man!!

Focus Central Intake Manifold (mitch Maybe Knows?) - NikiterZTS - 07-03-2007

i mean im not even paying close to $800 for this thing

Focus Central Intake Manifold (mitch Maybe Knows?) - naz - 07-04-2007

so.. if i gather correctly, you are already going to buy a chip for your NA setup, and also dyno time and pay someone to tune it.. that's the same thing if you got a turbo kit.. so the price differential is really just the parts cost.

i did a 2sec search on ebay.. there's a 'hardware' turbo kit on sale for $1k.. you need to get injectors, make a downpipe. so figure like $1500

so i'm thinking you should be paying a lot less than $1500 in parts for your complete NA setup, since you are getting less power

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-03-FORD-...sspagenameZWDVW

Focus Central Intake Manifold (mitch Maybe Knows?) - Focus man. Focus. - 07-04-2007

That thing looks pretty cheap if you ask me. You would think for $800 retail they would at least make it look nice. It looks as if it was made by a 4 year old with playdough.

Focus Central Intake Manifold (mitch Maybe Knows?) - NikiterZTS - 07-04-2007

true...turbo would be the best bang...but this engine is too old for it aka too much miles

Focus Central Intake Manifold (mitch Maybe Knows?) - ZX3guy2000 - 07-04-2007

NikiterZTS,Jul 3 2007, 01:21 PM Wrote:true...turbo would be the best bang...but this engine is too old for it aka too much miles
[right][snapback]242975[/snapback][/right]

Can you not get the engine tested, like a compression test or something, to see if the engine is in good condition? Maybe nate can get you a new engine cheap, I remember that from a while back for something like $300-400 Possible??

I do recalling a couple turbo setup on FF in the 1500-1900 range and they are just missing various vaccumn lines and couplers I think.

i can actually find an engine around here (GTA) for the same price and low K's......i did my search on that....

maybe in 2 summers :P

Focus Central Intake Manifold (mitch Maybe Knows?) - naz - 07-04-2007

NikiterZTS,Jul 3 2007, 05:21 PM Wrote:true...turbo would be the best bang...but this engine is too old for it aka too much miles
[right][snapback]242975[/snapback][/right]

i don't think its that big of a deal.. and if you raise the rev limit for your NA setup i think its harder on the engine than boost and not revving as much.

Focus Central Intake Manifold (mitch Maybe Knows?) - ZED_not_zee - 07-04-2007

I bought a motor with EVERYTHING and an auto trany for $250,, yea two hundred and fifty WOOOT!!!!

Focus Central Intake Manifold (mitch Maybe Knows?) - NOS2Go4Me - 07-04-2007

I agree with Naz... a LPT setup would make about as much, even 7-8 PSI without an intercooler with less revs. Well, 8 PSI would be in the 190-200 WHP range anyways. Pllus, you'd have piles more torque and "snap" to the engine without any more wear than high-revving the N/A setup.

Focus Central Intake Manifold (mitch Maybe Knows?) - kamilk69 - 07-04-2007

first of that turbo kit up there is work only about its weight in metal, those turbos are ching chong meow knock offs that will run for about 3 hours, the manifold i give it about 3 months then it cracks,

atleast your buying alot of things that will be good for boost tho, the intake mani will work nicely with boost.

but if you want a solid turbo kit for not soo much cash, i would hit up http://www.blasstperformance.com

thats were i got my turbo from and it kicks ass.

and your engine doesnt have too many miles on it, your just stalling nik.
my engine has 100,000 miles on it, and the last 20,000 have been boosted.

what im trying to get at is
PUT A TURBO IN IT DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaaahhhh... too late brother...everything is payed for.......but ur right.....i should of....i so should of :unsure: