FocusCanada Forums
Headlight Scratchs Can't Remove - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Headlight Scratchs Can't Remove (/showthread.php?tid=5633)

Headlight Scratchs Can't Remove - Alec Brandon - 05-21-2007

So my 2000 ZX3 has scratchs on the headlights.
I tried many applications of mothers plastic lens polish, then a rubbing compound and lastly asked a body shop to take a polisher to it while the tailgate was getting repaired.

Scratchs are still there and they look old and tired.

Time to buy new ones.
What whould be my best bet to get AFFORDABLE, quality (no leaking), lens?
I would love to move the turn signals into the lights (ie UK style) if possible.
Looking at ebay there are endless choices but quality seems to been an issue.

Headlight Scratchs Can't Remove - mo_focus - 05-21-2007

If you are looking for Ebay make sure its OEM that is being sold on ebay. I'm sure you can find a god one if you look around.

I'm sure some guys here have some used OEM NA style that migth sell. I have a pair of OEM NA, but i'm keeping them becuase i wil take out my HID's once i sell the focus and it will be transfered to the new car.

there are couple of NA OEM that are going for 10$, you might want to try them

Headlight Scratchs Can't Remove - oldeguy - 05-22-2007

Alec Brandon,May 21 2007, 08:21 AM Wrote:So my 2000 ZX3 has scratchs on the headlights.
I tried many applications of mothers plastic lens polish, then a rubbing compound and lastly asked a body shop to take a polisher to it while the tailgate was getting repaired.

Scratchs are still there and they look old and tired.

Time to buy new ones.
What whould be my best bet to get AFFORDABLE, quality (no leaking), lens?
I would love to move the turn signals into the lights (ie UK style) if possible.
Looking at ebay there are endless choices but quality seems to been an issue.
[right][snapback]239098[/snapback][/right]
Until you get your new lights, try Meguair's Plast-X. My headlights were pretty bad, but after trying the plast-x they look almost new. Use terry cloth for both application and polishing. $15.00 at Canadian tire, fifteen minutes. You'll be able to drive around without feeling stupid about the condition of your headlights.