FocusCanada Forums
Focus Central/esslinger 3 Piece Udp - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Focus Central/esslinger 3 Piece Udp (/showthread.php?tid=5680)

Focus Central/esslinger 3 Piece Udp - Focus man. Focus. - 05-16-2007

I have a Focus Central 3 piece UDP that I want tyo install. Is this something that I can do myself or would it be easier to have someone do it for me? I have searched around for a how to and I cannot really find one. I have seen a few threads on this topic here and on other Focus forums and they do not get into much detail. Does anyone have experience with this install or have a set of instructions? I am hoping to do this myself so if this can be done with hand tools that would be great.

Thanks for your input.

Focus Central/esslinger 3 Piece Udp - NikiterZTS - 05-16-2007

do u really have to install that 3 small piece? im mean it is the same as mine...but i never got the 3rd lil piece.......other then that u can jack your car, take that left wheel off, then wheel well....jack your engine a lil and start swapping

Well the small one is for the Alt. and I was planning on doing the complete install. Did you use the stock belt or did you have to get another due to not using all the pulleys?

stock belt

You didn't have to undo any of the motor mounts or anything did you? I am planning on doing this myself. Do you remember having to use any special tools to get the crank pulley off?

no u don't need to undo engine mounts.....u just have lift the engine juuuuust a lil bit with the jack underneath of it

make sure u have good sockets....i like deep ones

Focus Central/esslinger 3 Piece Udp - dBlast - 05-16-2007

Focus man, Focus.,May 15 2007, 05:19 PM Wrote:You didn't have to undo any of the motor mounts or anything did you?  I am planning on doing this myself.  Do you remember having to use any special tools to get the crank pulley off?
[right][snapback]238569[/snapback][/right]

Impact wrench is your friend here.

You may have to trim the plastic splash guard as well.

Link to UDP install instructions

Focus Central/esslinger 3 Piece Udp - Focus man. Focus. - 08-04-2008

Ok, back from the dead.

Who has an impact gun/compressor and wants to help me tomorrow? I have no money or anything to trade. Just looking for a kind soul to help me get this job done. Any takers?

Focus Central/esslinger 3 Piece Udp - hardk0re - 08-04-2008

If your up for the drive to Oshawa. You paint my bathroom I do your pulley..LOL.

Honestly if you do want to take a rip out to Oshawa in the morning I can probably do it for you. I want to do mine also. PM me.

Focus Central/esslinger 3 Piece Udp - Focus man. Focus. - 08-05-2008

Installation complete. Thanks to hardk0re for the help. Actually he did everything. But the job is complete and after having these in the hatch for about 3 years they are where they were supposed to be.

Thanks again bud.

Focus Central/esslinger 3 Piece Udp - NikiterZTS - 08-05-2008

how do u like the change?

i remember my engine started to rev faster

Focus Central/esslinger 3 Piece Udp - Focus man. Focus. - 08-05-2008

I haven't really noticed a difference. I didn't really drive it much today. Just home from Oshawa. I will let you know tomorrow night. Are you going to the Oakville meet Nik?

Focus Central/esslinger 3 Piece Udp - NikiterZTS - 08-05-2008

Focus man, Focus.,Aug 4 2008, 10:29 PM Wrote:I haven't really noticed a difference.  I didn't really drive it much today.  Just home from Oshawa.  I will let you know tomorrow night.  Are you going to the Oakville meet Nik?
[right][snapback]269897[/snapback][/right]

my focus is in the shop :(

Focus Central/esslinger 3 Piece Udp - Focus man. Focus. - 08-07-2008

What happened Nik?