FocusCanada Forums
Wagon Drop And Stop Upgrades Part 2 - The Stop - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Wagon Drop And Stop Upgrades Part 2 - The Stop (/showthread.php?tid=6137)

Wagon Drop And Stop Upgrades Part 2 - The Stop - imack - 04-03-2007

Last weekend was "the drop"(covered here). This weekend was the stop: BAT big brake kit up front, SSBC rear disc conversion on the back. Here's a pic of the final result:
[Image: 2007FocursDropandStop-0034_1.jpg]

Rest of the pics can be found here: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h103/ima...20-%20Part%202/

Now, it's off to the track on the Friday to try out the new gear.

Wagon Drop And Stop Upgrades Part 2 - The Stop - ZX5focused - 04-03-2007

that is awesome!!!
great job!!!

Wagon Drop And Stop Upgrades Part 2 - The Stop - NikiterZTS - 04-03-2007

dayum

Wagon Drop And Stop Upgrades Part 2 - The Stop - Focus man. Focus. - 04-03-2007

Looks SWEET man. Nice job.

Seeing these pic's makes me want to get my springs in A.S.A.P.

Where in T.O. are you?

Focus man, Focus.,Apr 2 2007, 09:01 PM Wrote:Looks SWEET man.  Nice job.

Where in T.O. are you?
[right][snapback]232963[/snapback][/right]

I live in Don Mills, just north of the Science Centre.

Wagon Drop And Stop Upgrades Part 2 - The Stop - NikiterZTS - 04-03-2007

come out for some meets in the summer...i love modded wagons

Wagon Drop And Stop Upgrades Part 2 - The Stop - Burnin21 - 04-03-2007

Man thats pretty sweet! Good job! Who did you grab the SSBC Rear Kit from? I might be interested in a set for my ride too.

Burnin21,Apr 3 2007, 02:10 AM Wrote:Man thats pretty sweet! Good job! Who did you grab the SSBC Rear Kit from? I might be interested in a set for my ride too.
[right][snapback]232990[/snapback][/right]
I got mine from BAT, since I was getting the front brake kit and a bunch of other stuff at the same time.

This install of this kit was covered in one of the editions of Focus Fanatics, and the article was very useful in pointing out a few problems with the kit. It saved me a lot of time and frustration. If you're interested, PM me and I can scan the article.

Wagon Drop And Stop Upgrades Part 2 - The Stop - Focus man. Focus. - 04-03-2007

imack,Apr 2 2007, 09:30 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 2 2007, 09:01 PM Wrote:Looks SWEET man.  Nice job.

Where in T.O. are you?
[right][snapback]232963[/snapback][/right]

I live in Don Mills, just north of the Science Centre.
[right][snapback]232972[/snapback][/right]

Cool man, I am at McCowan and Lawerance. We should cruise to Massiv Monday when they start up again. Hopefully I will be back on the road by then.

Wagon Drop And Stop Upgrades Part 2 - The Stop - imack - 04-04-2007

Since the install, I've been having vibrations with the rear brakes. There was also very strange pad wear on the passenger side. After the second debugging session I think we found the problem, and it's (another) issue with the engineering of this kit.

There was interference between the e-brake cable and one of the caliper mounting bolts. It was preventing the calipers from moving on the slide pins. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me, or I would've taken some pics. We had no choice but to shave the head of the bolt to get some clearance and allow the caliper to move.

If I had it to do over again, I would get the Focus SVT brake kit from BAT (it wasn't available when I purchased). It's made up of parts designed for the car, and to top it off it's cheaper than the front + rear kits that I bought.