FocusCanada Forums
New Ford Sub-compact - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: New Ford Sub-compact (/showthread.php?tid=6524)

New Ford Sub-compact - K_OS - 03-02-2007

From The Car Connection

Quote:The Mazda2, which gets its public unveiling at theGeneva motor show next week, will get a spin-off that will be sold by Ford in North America.

The Detroit News says that Ford President of the Americas Mark Fields revealed the plans during a weekly employee Webcast. Ford would not separately confirm the comments to the paper.

Ford has yet to field an entry in the subcompact slot in North America, which General Motors has the Chevrolet Aveo, Toyota the Yaris, and Honda the Fit. And as gas prices rise again this year-$3 a gallon is again predicted for the summer driving season-the need for an ultra-economical entry has become more critical.

The Mazda2 will also be used to produce a Ford subcompact for sale in Europe, Asia, and South America.

[Image: 11753_TTWSIUQVQCIHZ.jpg]

Laterz :)

New Ford Sub-compact - Frost__2001 - 03-02-2007

I'm suprised they diden't even concider the all new South American Fiesta, for us here in North America.

New Ford Sub-compact - ZTWsquared - 03-02-2007

Frost__2001,Mar 1 2007, 12:07 PM Wrote:I'm suprised they diden't even concider the all new South American Fiesta, for us here in North America.
[right][snapback]228610[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm ... I was under the definite impression that in fact the new Mazda 2 = the new Fiesta.

New Ford Sub-compact - ZTWsquared - 03-02-2007

Whaddya think ... seems to me the similarities are striking … in four key measurements the Mazda2 and the Ford Fiesta are within a few mm of each other:
overall length: 3925 vs 3924
wheelbase: 2490 vs. 2486
front track: 1470 vs. 1465
rear track: 1440 vs. 1444

[Image: mazda2_hero_RHD.jpg]

[Image: fordfiesta.jpg]

New Ford Sub-compact - Flofocus - 03-02-2007

turbo deisels to. Cool.

only in the UK. :(

New Ford Sub-compact - habmann - 03-02-2007

For a guy my size, its a lil small but it is a nice looking car.

Now why oh why couldn't they have made the 08 focus nice looking like that.

New Ford Sub-compact - habmann - 03-02-2007

Oops double post :unsure:

New Ford Sub-compact - Frost__2001 - 03-02-2007

ZTWsquared,Mar 1 2007, 02:20 PM Wrote:Whaddya think ... seems to me the similarities are striking … in four key measurements the Mazda2 and the Ford Fiesta are within a few mm of each other:
overall length: 3925 vs 3924
wheelbase: 2490 vs. 2486
front track: 1470 vs. 1465
rear track: 1440 vs. 1444

[Image: mazda2_hero_RHD.jpg]

[Image: fordfiesta.jpg]
[right][snapback]228618[/snapback][/right]

Those are the European Fiesta, they only come in a 3 & 5 door hatchback versions, the south American Fiesta looks like this.

[Image: FiestaHatchback.jpg]

[Image: FiestaInterior.jpg]

[Image: FiestaSedan.jpg]

great thing about these Fiesta's is they are really close the the Canadian safety standards and I have taken and posted a pic one from Mexico I saw in a Brampton Parkinglot once.

Here is more on them but it's in Brazilian Portuguese, just scroll down the page to see it, along with the new Mondeo, and you can enlarge the pic's of them on their page too.

http://autodiario.blogspot.com/search/label/Ford

New Ford Sub-compact - ZED_not_zee - 03-02-2007

WOW the mondeo and stang concet look AWSOME! If it handled as well as the focus I'd rock a festiva... there's an festiva RS owned by a guy named sunny with a turbo Zetec that does 178 MPH!!! the uk... lemme find the link to the video

New Ford Sub-compact - NOS2Go4Me - 03-02-2007

If I could get a turbo Fiesta... PROJECT CAR!

New Ford Sub-compact - ZED_not_zee - 03-02-2007

NOS2Go4Me,Mar 1 2007, 09:04 PM Wrote:If I could get a turbo Fiesta... PROJECT CAR!
[right][snapback]228672[/snapback][/right]

ya I bought one,,, lol and would like to make a pure drag car out of it... I just want to finish my street car first...