FocusCanada Forums
2009 Focus S - Would Like To Add Cruise Control - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: 2009 Focus S - Would Like To Add Cruise Control (/showthread.php?tid=668)

2009 Focus S - Would Like To Add Cruise Control - bhouseski - 11-11-2009

Hey all,

I have a 2009 focus s, basic as basic gets. I would like to add cruise control, and in doing a search on the web I came across this on Focus Fanatics;

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166481

basically, since the 2008 and up had drive-by-wire, everything is there for cruise. All thats needed is a steering wheel with the cruise buttons, and the program the ECM to enable cruise control.

my question to the masses is has anyone done this here in Canada. If so, which ford dealer did you take it to? I am in the Peterborough area, and the local Ford dealer doesn't think it will work.

thanks,

Mike

2009 Focus S - Would Like To Add Cruise Control - Scorcher000 - 11-11-2009

I donèt know, that thread seemed to solve your problem and you should look into Formula Ford in Pickering. They would probably be the best bet out there or if you wanted to try a performance shop try DaSilva Racing.
My 2 cents.

2009 Focus S - Would Like To Add Cruise Control - OAC_Sparky - 11-11-2009

You also might need the loom for the buttons to connect the steering wheel into the system. I personally haven't looked into the system, though.

2009 Focus S - Would Like To Add Cruise Control - bhouseski - 11-11-2009

thats my problem. It sounds simple, but I cannot convince any dealer in my area to do it.

2009 Focus S - Would Like To Add Cruise Control - reldridge - 11-11-2009

Since you're in Peterborough, what about trying Polito's in Lindsay?

2009 Focus S - Would Like To Add Cruise Control - Frost__2001 - 11-12-2009

when I got my focus back in 2003, I wanted the same thing and concept ford offered to install it for me, but I declined as they wanted too much to added that plus the tilt.

2009 Focus S - Would Like To Add Cruise Control - NefCanuck - 11-13-2009

Frost__2001,Nov 12 2009, 07:19 AM Wrote:when I got my focus back in 2003, I wanted the same thing and concept ford offered to install it for me, but I declined as they wanted too much to added that plus the tilt.
[right][snapback]297237[/snapback][/right]

But in your case you were looking at additional P&L owing to wanting the tilt / telescoping steering column, plus needing a different wire loom.

That sort of stuff doesn't come cheap new from Ford lemme tell ya, when it comes to new part sales, if it isn't a Mustang, bend over and grab yer ankles :ph34r:

NefCanuck