FocusCanada Forums
-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Basics (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: -12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. (/showthread.php?tid=6919)

Pages: 1 2

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - SliverSteeda - 01-16-2007

[Image: icon_smile_idea.gif] ugh...

Lets say that -12 degrees celcus (10 degrees f) is no time to attempt a lunch box muffler delete... trust me.

But i did it anyways [Image: icon_smile_wrenchin.gif]...

But it didn't go smoothly... first, I swear people Said the pipe size on the foci is 1.75".... So i went and picked up the pipe i needed and went back home and started. got the "Lunchbox muffler" off and guess what...

1.75" exhaust pipe doesn't fit... So i have to drive back down to Crappy tire to get more pipe... this time i took a piece with me...

Turns out the exhaust dia. on my Foci is @" even...not 1 7/8"... not 1 3/4" but 2" on the nose...

so i got back home, cut and welded up the and BOO YA!

[Image: Image014.jpg]

[Image: Image012.jpg]

[Image: Image013.jpg]

Well, i'm Satisfied with the sound, its not loud, just deep... and considering it cost me all of $10... it will hold me over till spring when i get either my MBRP or the truebenz

Oh ya and 3 cups of coffee to warn the hell back up.

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - hardk0re - 01-16-2007

Needs to move to the right a little from what I see in the pics. Nice job tho.

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - SliverSteeda - 01-16-2007

hardk0re,Jan 15 2007, 02:35 PM Wrote:Needs to move to the right a little from what I see in the pics.  Nice job tho.
[right][snapback]223425[/snapback][/right]

ya... but @ - 12... it was straight enough, i'll move it in about 11 degrees :D

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - NefCanuck - 01-16-2007

That's what the first tip I bought should have looked like on my Focus, but I let my dad install it for me over the stock muffler tip. I only find this out after he finished of course and end up with the tip stick out at least a foot behind me (Made backing up an adventure lemme tell ya <_< )

Which is why I let him nowhere near the MBRP except to listen to it as I pull away :D

NefCanuck

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - Burnin21 - 01-16-2007

Looks good man, your a trooper to do it in -12 degree weather. I've done that kind of thing before to and as you said, it aint fun :lol:
Good job tho :)

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - ANTHONYD - 01-17-2007

That think must bounce around like crazy.

Is it fastened to anything???

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - Flofocus - 01-17-2007

it bounces around with the lunbox in place, shouldnt be a difference.

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - focusracer - 01-17-2007

Sounds like you're almost as crazy as me last saturday, ripping the hydraulics out of the lowrider and taking the front clip off, the heater bit the big one in the shop and it was a blistery -8. We lasted about five hrs when I finally asked Kerry if he could feel his hands anymore. He just shook his head. I couldn't feel my feet, so we said enough's enough and went to the gym and sat in the hot tub :D

Looks like sched 40 pipe that you used, am I right or is there just a thick lip at the end?

Looks good for a rush/I'm freezing to death kind of job though.

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - SliverSteeda - 01-17-2007

ANTHONYD,Jan 16 2007, 11:43 AM Wrote:That think must bounce around like crazy.

Is it fastened to anything???
[right][snapback]223509[/snapback][/right]

No the back hanger isn't hooked... theres a hanger mounted just outta shot, but i'm gonna weld a hanger to utilizes the stock mount by the tip... also remember with all the weight of the "lunchbox" gone... the other hanger keeps it tight.

focusracer,Jan 16 2007, 01:24 PM Wrote:Looks like sched 40 pipe that you used, am I right or is there just a thick lip at the en
[right][snapback]223518[/snapback][/right]

Um... what :D

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - Kelowna_Focus - 01-17-2007

Nice job, looks good.

I was out there switching in my stock headlights, was friggin freezin.

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - zx5power - 01-17-2007

Was it hard ? should get you to do mine sometime since you got a welder.

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - SliverSteeda - 01-17-2007

now that i did one... all i'd have to do is copy the pipe... then all you do is cut off the lunch box and clamp this on...

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - zx5power - 01-18-2007

Well talk in the summer ill give yah some cash to do it if i dont get my exhaust before then . Hey do you know anywhere down here that makes good cheeseburgers ? like homemade ones ? never found a place yet lol I know off topic but I figure maybe you know moncton better.

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - SliverSteeda - 01-18-2007

Right now i've found the two best burgers in moncton are

"the Burger that Ate Moncton" at the barnyard BBQ (seriously that the name and its huge... It has marinated peices of pork at topping.... mmmmmmmmmmm

But the best homemade style cheese burger... i would say is the burger at the new "don Cherry's".... i normally get the Tex/mex cheese burger with extra Jalapeno peppers

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - timhickey - 01-18-2007

sounds good I couldnt find any good burgers yet , never tried the burger at dieppe don cherrys only the fajitas . Thats a cool place tho eh a tv at all the booths.

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - zx5power - 01-19-2007

Tried the Don cherry burger really good but spicy lol

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - SliverSteeda - 01-19-2007

timhickey,Jan 17 2007, 04:52 PM Wrote:sounds good I couldnt find any good burgers yet , never tried the burger at dieppe don cherrys only the fajitas . Thats a cool place tho eh a tv at all the booths.
[right][snapback]223652[/snapback][/right]

tv satilite and xbox in all the booths.... and hot waitresses

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - vy_MR2 - 01-22-2007

Is that all stock exhaust at 2"?
I'm surprised that it would be only a 1/4" less than the MBRP exhaust.

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - Drivesthebeast - 01-22-2007

Yep, the MBRP for the Zetec is 2.25", the SVT is 2.5"...it all has to do with retaining a certain amount of backpressure...

-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler.. - SliverSteeda - 01-22-2007

vy_MR2,Jan 21 2007, 05:24 PM Wrote:Is that all stock exhaust at 2"?
I'm surprised that it would be only a 1/4" less than the MBRP exhaust.
[right][snapback]224098[/snapback][/right]

trust me not only was i shocked to find out the stock zetec pipe is 2"... but i was pissed, cause still to this day i see people on FF saying the exhaust dia is 1.75".

Would have saved me a trip if people wouldn't post hearsay.... but then i guess it wouldn't be the internet then would it... :D

Actually....

Wouldn't it be Seetype.... :P