FocusCanada Forums
Project Begins. - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Project Begins. (/showthread.php?tid=7804)

Pages: 1 2

Project Begins. - Sundown - 10-18-2006

Well its time guy's I have my Powerworks kit.
time to start putting it in anyone done this before all help would be appreciated.
Plus i take pics like a blind guy.

Project Begins. - NikiterZTS - 10-18-2006

can't wait Bill.....all the best in installing

shouldn't be too bad for you......you have some good experience

Project Begins. - NefCanuck - 10-18-2006

Sundown,Oct 17 2006, 08:06 PM Wrote:Well its time guy's I have my Powerworks kit.
time to start putting it in anyone done this before all help would be appreciated.
Plus i take pics like a blind guy.
[right][snapback]212046[/snapback][/right]

I can take pics if you want, but I'm only slightly better than a blind guy, despite the fancy camera (you can dress a pig in silk, it's still a pig :P)

NefCanuck

Project Begins. - habmann - 10-18-2006

Good luck with the install. Can't wait to see the kind of numbers that thing puts down when you're done with it.

Wish i had the time to come up and give you a hand. But for the next 2 months school pretty much owns every free minute i've got.

Project Begins. - ZX5focused - 10-18-2006

good luck cant wait to see it and the numbers you throw down!!!

Project Begins. - euro_zx5 - 10-18-2006

Sweet choice! Post pics damnit! Boxes to install work, i'm nosey! :lol:

Project Begins. - Mike - 10-18-2006

I thought you were selling this car .... ? Now you've got a pw kit for it ? Good stuff.

Project Begins. - ZX5focused - 10-18-2006

Mike,Oct 17 2006, 09:42 PM Wrote:I thought you were selling this car .... ? Now you've got a pw kit for it ? Good stuff.
[right][snapback]212069[/snapback][/right]

ya my friend was gonna buy it, im glad he kept it, i didnt wanna have a slower focus!!!

Project Begins. - ZX3TUNING - 10-18-2006

maybe i'm spacing out, but where did you get the kit from and how much did you pay for it??

Oh and suggestions include, get yourself 1 new axel nut, and pull the passenger side CV shaft and intermediate bearing support from the car completely. this will aid in the install of the kit.

when installing the oil lines, ONLY USE tpfe thread sealant and not teflon tape or RTV silicone on the plugs and fittings in the block adaptor and Relo.

while you are finishing up the last steps of doing the oil line install, i recommend filling the oil filter on the bench with fresh oil. you may need to top it up a couple of times over the course of the install, just make sure it's mostly full. this will cut down on the priming time of the oil system later.

also, wait until the very very last second before you install the new spark plugs and BEFORE you start the car. as the very last step before you start the car should be priming the oil system with the spark plugs OUT of the car! at the same time pull the fuel pump fuse. this removes the load caused by compression and shuts off the fuel being injected into the ports. doing so allows you to circulate your fresh oil through the oil lines and filter before starting the car on a dry engine.

oh and read the instructions atleast twice before you even pick up a wrench.

Project Begins. - STFUN - 10-18-2006

Prepare for some hard graft when it comes to drilling the front cross member for the chargecooler radiator. I don't know if the N. American cars are the same, but mine ate drill bits !

The permacool oil remote adaptor blocks are known for not lining up in the correct orientation, so you may have to either invest in better items, or change the O ring seals for something thicker. You may be lucky though and have items which are ok.

Project Begins. - Sundown - 10-19-2006

I have been talking with my father he suggest i drop the entire drive line.
I want to get some work on my tranny any way maybe change the dif out and put in a lower set of gears.
Plus i try to keep my engine compartment fairly clean and i noticed a bit of rust on the block and the oil pan so i ordered a new pan today. I am going to weld stainless fittings directly to the pan. clean up the block and send in all the aluminum accessoies to get polished.

Any of the guy's on here that know me know I can be a little anal when it comes to details.
as far as the kit goes i bought it off a guy in Essex ONT. for $4,800. he bought for his sons car but the son wrote the car off

Project Begins. - ZX5focused - 10-19-2006

might as well go all out, especially since you have a daily driver now!! cant wait to see the finished product!! i see BBK in your future!!!

Project Begins. - scoobasteve - 10-19-2006

Sundown,Oct 18 2006, 02:08 PM Wrote:I have been talking with my father he suggest i drop the entire drive line.
I want to get some work on my tranny any way maybe change the dif out and put in a lower set of gears.
Plus i try to keep my engine compartment fairly clean and i noticed a bit of rust on the block and the oil pan so i ordered a new pan today. I am going to weld stainless fittings directly to the pan. clean up the block and send in all the aluminum accessoies to get polished.

Any of the guy's on here that know me know I can be a little anal when it comes to details.
as far as the kit goes i bought it off a guy in Essex ONT. for $4,800. he bought for his sons car but the son wrote the car off
[right][snapback]212259[/snapback][/right]

Hmm, i might have to drop by one day to see the progress.

what else are you planning on upgrading?

Personally, i'd get a nice stage 2 or 3 clutch. and a LSD. instead of blowing all that $$$ on the SVT quaife. i've heard that the stock LSD for the Mini Cooper S is compatible with the SVT's transmission.

The thread was somewhere over on FJ.

IIRC. The SVT and Cooper S use the same getrag transmission, with slightly different gear ratios.

Project Begins. - DD1 - 10-19-2006

As a supportive focus club member I wish you all the best on your project and hope it turns out how you want it to :) Go get them Tiger B)

Project Begins. - NikiterZTS - 10-19-2006

Bill you'll have to let me try your car then! :D :D

Project Begins. - Flofocus - 10-19-2006

Sundown,Oct 18 2006, 02:08 PM Wrote:I have been talking with my father he suggest i drop the entire drive line.

Your father is a smart man, I did my tranny twice. It sucked.

Project Begins. - ZX5focused - 10-19-2006

how much power is the stock bottom end on the SVT good for?

i think if/when i ever go boost, im gonna save up and go all out with a full build up. i prefer the term do it right the first time!!

Project Begins. - SVT ZX3 - 10-19-2006

scoobasteve,Oct 18 2006, 12:18 PM Wrote:IIRC. The SVT and Cooper S use the same getrag transmission, with slightly different gear ratios.
[right][snapback]212267[/snapback][/right]

Tranny is the same, not sure abouth the ratios though...

Project Begins. - Mike - 10-19-2006

Im very interested in the numbers this thing will put out , you'll be dusting stock v8 stangs i think when you're done :D

Project Begins. - Sundown - 10-19-2006

scoobasteve,Oct 18 2006, 01:18 PM Wrote:

Hmm, i might have to drop by one day to see the progress.

what else are you planning on upgrading?

Personally, i'd get a nice stage 2 or 3 clutch. and a LSD. instead of blowing all that $$$ on the SVT quaife. i've heard that the stock LSD for the Mini Cooper S is compatible with the SVT's transmission.

The thread was somewhere over on FJ.

IIRC. The SVT and Cooper S use the same getrag transmission, with slightly different gear ratios.
[right][snapback]212267[/snapback][/right]

Clutch is already a stage III plus i put in an aluminum fly wheel both in july
M father has suggesting we put nitrious coil pack around the super charger just to keep it cool. and add an achool spray to hel.p lower air tempeture
we will see where we end up once the drive line it out.
PS i am painting the block ford blue